Help requested on shaping a face against a RL model

calicailin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, all,

I'm trying to shape my avi's face using a RL model for inspiration and I'm having a bit of trouble, not least of which is the chin. If I adjust the length of the face, it widens. If I move the mouth down, the balance is skewed. So on and so forth. I was hoping someone or some-manys would feed back not only on where I'm at now, but on adjustments I could make to bring the avi's face (not just the chin) closer to the inspiration. Thank you so much!

Edit: If this is something you'd like to play with in-world, please feel free to contact me.

girl1.jpg

I hate to repeat the previous poster, but this is a case where it's going to come down to the skin. You might want to look for freebies and group gifts if money is an issue. It seems like your shape is about as accurate as you can make it. It's the little details in the skin that are going to pull it together. One you are going to have to get a more Asian looking skin. The one you have looks very Anglo.

From a purely visual perspective, disregarding what tools are actually available in SL:

The forehead is too short, and the actual crown of the head itself needs to be higher. Cheeks are too full/face too round. Nose too thick, particularly the bridge, but the tip could also be narrowed slightly. Mouth could be moved up just slightly? Chin needs to be rounded/filled slightly, possibly by adjusting the area underneath the chin. 

All of these are very slightly changes, and the need for them might go away with a different skin. If that's not feasible...frankly, you may be as close as you're going to get, or nearly so. skin goes a long way towards shaping the avatar, moreso than you might think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.