Help! What is wrong with my skin?

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 83 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the past 3 days this is how my face is appearing.  I have tried rebaking, relogging, clearing the cache, and none of these has worked.  If I put on a different skin this solves the problem.  The skin I currently wear has 9 variations with different make-up, so I am just wearing a different variation at the moment.  What is wrong?  

Snapshot_001.jpg

No, I haven't contacted the creator.  I've had this skin for months and just suddenly this happened.  Wouldn't a problem with the skin have occurred right away?  Unfortunately the store I bought it from has very poor customer service, and I have never had much success in getting any help from them.  I can certainly try though.

Coby Foden wrote:

If you have HTTP textures on it might help turning it off.

From menu (In V3 based viewers):

"Develop, HTTP textures". After that clear cache, relog and let the inventory load.

If you cannot see the "Develop" menu press Ctrl-Alt-Q.

I will try this.

I discovered something else about the problem.  When I changed to a different hair, the gray disappeared and my face appeared normally.  One of the hairstyles I wear regularly has a tattoo base layer.  Sometimes I wear the red hair and sometimes the black in the same style.  While I was wearing the red today my face was gray, but when I switched to the black my face appeared normally.  I didn't make any change to my skin.

Other than the tattoo hair base, I wear an eyebrow tattoo layer.

Thank you to all for your help so far.

Airway wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

If you have HTTP textures on it might help turning it off.

From menu (In V3 based viewers):

"Develop, HTTP textures". After that clear cache, relog and let the inventory load.

If you cannot see the "Develop" menu press Ctrl-Alt-Q.

I will try this.

I discovered something else about the problem.  When I changed to a different hair, the gray disappeared and my face appeared normally.  One of the hairstyles I wear regularly has a tattoo base layer.  Sometimes I wear the red hair and sometimes the black in the same style.  While I was wearing the red today my face was gray, but when I switched to the black my face appeared normally.  I didn't make any change to my skin.

So, you are wearing more than one tattoo layer on your head.  Remove one of them and see if that resolves your issue.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Airway wrote:

So, you are wearing more than one tattoo layer on your head.  Remove one of them and see if that resolves your issue.

After removing the other tattoo (leaving only one) rebake Ctrl-Alt-R.  After that when you see the skin all right, add the other tattoo back.  Your skin should stay normal.  However as the tattoo layer bug has not been resolved yet, the problem may appear again some day.  If that happens, then do again the same as explained here.

Coby Foden wrote:

After removing the other tattoo (leaving only one) rebake Ctrl-Alt-R.  After that when you see the skin all right, add the other tattoo back.  Your skin should stay normal.  However as the tattoo layer bug has not been resolved yet, the problem may appear again some day.  If that happens, then do again the same as explained here.

Yes, removing my eyebrow tattoo seems to fix the problem.  Very strange though.  I've been wearing the same eyebrow tattoo later with this skin for many months and never had a problem.

Airway wrote:

Yes, removing my eyebrow tattoo seems to fix the problem.  Very strange though.  I've been wearing the same eyebrow tattoo later with this skin for many months and never had a problem.

That's how the multiple items on tattoo layer bug shows up.  Sometimes everything works fine for a long time and then suddenly the bug will bug us again.  I often wear many items items on tattoo layer and sometimes it happens that I see myself as a cloud when logging in.  By removing items on tattoo layer and rebaking always fixes it.  After that I can add back all the items and all look fine again.  Until the the bug strikes again.

Airway wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

sometimes data does go bad.. i've had outfits with shoes or shoulders or whatever  and they work fine..then one day puton one side and the other side be gone or corrupted..

it could be something as simple as something got messed up and it went bad..

• 11 years later...

Hello everyone!

Today I was about to buy a new skin. I have tried Stray dog Demo and it looked like this:

https://gyazo.com/dc016c3d442e76d4f9fcfaae2a357855

(I have Lelutka EvoX head)

Found that this skin is looking pretty nice, I went to the store and bought it. But after I've apply this skin, I got a strange result:

https://gyazo.com/f849e98dbe994a900fca0aca029a0bf4

The head is EvoX, the skin is also for EvoX... Just wondering what's wrong?? Please, help me with some info...

46 minutes ago, 223628 said:

Hello everyone!

Today I was about to buy a new skin. I have tried Stray dog Demo and it looked like this:

Found that this skin is looking pretty nice, I went to the store and bought it. But after I've apply this skin, I got a strange result:

The head is EvoX, the skin is also for EvoX... Just wondering what's wrong?? Please, help me with some info...

The skin you're wearing in the second screenshot is not EvoX.

Actually, it looks like there might be another texture on top of the base skin you're wearing, since most of your face looks fine.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

43 minutes ago, 223628 said:

Hello everyone!

if the head is evox and the skin is evox.

Then you have your mesh head set to Evo..

Open your mesh head hud and click the top icon on the bar.. The Icon will have this  spelled in it "leL"

Click that icon and then at the top just under the image you'll see Evox and Evo.. Click on the word Evo x and that should fix your problem.

10 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The skin you're wearing in the second screenshot is not EvoX.

Actually, it looks like there might be another texture on top of the base skin you're wearing, since most of your face looks fine.

Thank you for your reply! Well... I have no clue what I do o.O I've checked now all the layers and found nothing what can make an issue. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Take off your hair base and any facial hair you might be wearing.  The head skin looks correct because the eyebrows are in the right place.  Any thing you wear on your head needs to be EvoX - including hair base and beards.

Modulus is a hair brand and the tattoo words appear to be from something you are wearing that is Modulus branded.  A demo?

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

if the head is evox and the skin is evox.

Then you have your mesh head set to Evo..

Open your mesh head hud and click the top icon on the bar.. The Icon will have this  spelled in it "leL"

Click that icon and then at the top just under the image you'll see Evox and Evo.. Click on the word Evo x and that should fix your problem.

Thank you for your replay!

For that reason I made a pic with the HUD to show that I see these 2 option. But unfortunately it didn't help to switch from EVO to EvoX. Like this it looks like when I switch on EVO: https://gyazo.com/5516d4beaefc99f8510d2b3d6e950a3b

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 83 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.