Help! Eyes popping out & can't fix (Kemono+Chinchilla head)

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Before anyone tells me it's my shape, it's not.

All of my kemono avatars have other heads, typically the chinchilla head. As long as the sliders are the same as the chinchilla's shape, there are no fitting issues. However, I recently tried using a new attachment (bear hands for kemono) and it made my eyes bug out for some reason... And I can't fix it! Changing avis, changing shapes, relogging, undeforming, etc all do nothing to solve the problem. I need help within the next hour or two because one of my friends wants to go on SL later and all of my most used avatars are all suffering from this issue now. I'm not sure why, I only tried to use these hands on one.... :s

bug.png

My standard SL avatar has beeb afflicted with bug eyes ocassionally. I never associated it with a particular attachment, just with bad luck logging in. Sometimes a simple relog fixes it. If it is *reallly* persistant, I will change to the SL default avatar, clear cache, and re-log into a different region, usually a nice quiet linden sim with little traffic (I use the Hatton sim), open my inventory and wait for it to rebuild.  When it is fully restored, I put back on my regular outfit.

Whenver so something odd like this I try to test the internet connection using speed test. Most of the time, by download speed is anomalously low, and I've come to realize over time, the my ISP does not have the cleanest service in all the world. I think that because of transmission problem, some texture is getting borked.

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I have experienced similiar bugs when rigging mesh clothing for the Avatar 2.0 body. Using the skeleton rig from the dummy provided by Utilizor Mode (may have misspelled the name, sorry, but the Avatar 2.0/Kemono creator) sometimes makes the eye position shift. So if your new hands were rigged using that skeleton in blender or what have you, that may be what's causing this to happen. If that's the case, there's nothing that can be done beyond alerting the creator of the problem and hoping they bug fix it.

I hope this makes sense, I'm not the best at articulating mesh-related stuff sometimes!

• 10 months later...

To my knowledge (which is still somewhat limited on it) - it has something to do with exported joints in the mesh item you equip.  I don't know exactly what causes it (and have not been able to get clarification from anyone as to how to avoid it) - but I think the mesh-maker has to be sure that they don't change/deform the rig while they weight the mesh (I think that can mesh with the joints somehow?)  And also, not to include the joint export thing unless it's necessary.  (Again I could be talking gibberish here, because I really haven't gotten clarification on -why- or -how- this happens, only that this can cause rigged mesh to bug the eyes of avatars.)

The suggestion of using smaller eyes etc. is great except...  it means changing eyes with every outfit based on if the outfit causes it to bug or not.  I've run into a few other items for Kemono that have this issue, including a skirt and a sweater, and they've all had the same issue with no resolution  -__-   If anyone has more insight into why this is occurring, it would help the greater Kemono community IMO, especially those learning/newer to meshing, to keep this from happening.

As for the OP, I guess contact the creator and see if they have updated the product yet to fix the issue.  If not, you're stuck using other eyes that can be tweaked.  (For mine I had to move them back, and set them down lower by just a tad, to get them to work normally again.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.