Honored Resident
ChampagneStar

Hand and Feet Problems in Shape Demos

I'm having problems with my shape demos where the hands and feet are way too big and the body is super thin (not how it looks on the demo pictures).I've tried three different shape, and same thing happens to all of them. Is there any way to correct this w/o having to buy the shape, since the point of getting the demo is to try b/f you buy.

Charolotte Caxton

Re: Hand and Feet Problems in Shape Demos

Reply to ChampagneStar - view message

Shape demos have large hands and feet so you wont just buy the demos and use it as your shape. The skinny part, that should be how the actual shape will look. Shapes will look different with different skins and also some photos are enhanced.

Honored Resident
ChampagneStar

Oh thanks for clearing that up, although it is a little distracting and I can't really tell what the shape looks like.

Charolotte Caxton

I know... :smileysad: but I guess it would be too easy to just buy demos shapes if they didn't do that, you know? Try to get a pose that makes you stand with your hands behind your back maybe, that way it wont be such a huge distraction. For the feet, maybe some shoes with alpha layers? Just thinking out loud now. 

Sometimes shape makers use two demos. One for the head and one for the body. The one for the head will have an ugly body. The one for the body will have an ugly (usually huge) head. That is because people actually started using the demo shapes with the huge hands and feet. Either they did not notice or did not mind. Which is pretty funny because as you have seen the hands and feet on most demo shapes are enormous.

That could be why the body looks so thin in your demo.

"If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens." - Grandma Moses.
Charolotte Caxton

Reply to Clarissa Lowell - view message

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

Sometimes shape makers use two demos. One for the head and one for the body. The one for the head will have an ugly body. The one for the body will have an ugly (usually huge) head. That is because people actually started using the demo shapes with the huge hands and feet. Either they did not notice or did not mind. Which is pretty funny because as you have seen the hands and feet on most demo shapes are enormous.

That is so funny, I had never heard of that. Lol, look at my awesome hands, they are so huge! lol :smileytongue:

Penny Patton

Reply to Charolotte Caxton - view message

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Shapes will look different with different skins and also some photos are enhanced.

This is a big factor. Ideally you want a quality skin and a quality shape. Quality skins are actually fairly easy to find, shapes are much more difficult simply because the tools seem explicitely designed to discourage anyone from ever making a good shape in SL. 

A Designer's View of Second Life
www.slguide.com

Reply to Charolotte Caxton - view message

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

That is so funny, I had never heard of that. Lol, look at my awesome hands, they are so huge! lol :smileytongue:

Maybe they use them to swat griefers with. :smileyvery-happy:

"If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens." - Grandma Moses.
LoveAngeL Lyre

ChampagneStar wrote:

I'm having problems with my shape demos where the hands and feet are way too big and the body is super thin (not how it looks on the demo pictures).I've tried three different shape, and same thing happens to all of them. Is there any way to correct this w/o having to buy the shape, since the point of getting the demo is to try b/f you buy.

Hi. If demo shapes had normal hands / feet and no other indication that they are demo's why someone after to buy the original product?

I moaned because i had no shoes until i met a girl who had no feet...
Ceka Cianci

Reply to Clarissa Lowell - view message

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

Maybe they use them to swat griefers with. :smileyvery-happy:

i'm suprized men are not just walking all around with these shapes..

they know we know that it's all about the size of the hands and feet lol

“Praise and blame, gain and loss, pleasure and sorrow come and go like the wind. To be happy, rest like a giant tree in the midst of them all”― Siddhartha Gautama
My Flickr