Hairs and hats for DSD Fennecs?

FloofferMcNooters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Absolutely no idea if this is the right place to ask this, so sorry if I'm in the wrong place C:

Any recommendations for hairs and hats for the DSD Fennecs that are ear-friendly? I would really want a beanie (Preferable one that I can change the color of) with short hair (Again, modifiyable) that I can use for a fennec avatar, but I have absolutely no idea where to look for one :(

I really like mesh hair, but it is useless when you want to edit hair to fit ears and special heads like furry heads. So yes, almost any hair that's not mesh. You need to be able to select individual parts of the hair and move it around.

Dura  is one of the few places I buy hair that's not mesh. All this hair is prims and modifiable. http://pushdura.blogspot.no/

Argrace has some nice prim hairs, but beware, only their old styles. Here you must sort so the oldest hairs comes to top. And demo and read twice before you buy anything. Their "hat hairs": https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/106802?search%5Bcategory_id%5D=331&search%5Bcopy_permission%5D=0&search%5Blayout%5D=gallery&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=General&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Moderate&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Adult&search%5Bmodify_permission%5D=0&search%5Bpage%5D=1&search%5Bper_page%5D=96&search%5Bsort%5D=created_at_asc&search%5Bstore_id%5D=106802&search%5Btransfer_permission%5D=0

Mesh does mainly not work for one reason: The fennec is a furryavatar with a primhead. To hide the original standartavatars head the primhead is a bit bigger. But mesh hair will attach to that standartavatar head and can't be attached to the furryhead.

Newer furryavatars from DSD are able to wear mesh hair, like the lion for example, because their head is mesh as well.

Another store that came to my mind: The old prim hair from Truth has always worked well with my fennec avatar.

I didn't know that the newer heads were mesh. I have been many strange things in SL but not furry (yet):matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

But ears I have struggled with a lot...oh yes. Prim hair is perfect to edit. I know some sell short mesh hair that's unrigged, but I am not sure if they are so earfriendly as prim hair?

Depends on what is "ear-friendly". The fennec has really huge ears and they would be clearly visible with every common hair. Maybe hairstyles that go to both sides, like pigtails for example, aren't a good idea, because they would poke through the ears.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.