HEEEELP

Lyzzii Lennie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I would like a solution for my avatar, I have my commitments and I can not stand. Already have exactly three days that my avatar is bugged. I've tried the following ways:

- CLEAR THE CACHE
- CLEAR THE CACHE INTERNAL COMPUTER - APPDATA
- DO CLEANING GENERAL COMPUTER
- UNINSTALL AND THEN INSTALL THE SECOND LIFE AGAIN
- LOG ON ANOTHER COMPUTER (still the bug remains avatar)
- TALK TO THE HELPERS IN THE SECOND LIFE -'' HELP'' SL

But no use, I just stay in and often GREY SMOKE mode, I see what it is all MESH, SHOES, HAIR, AND ETC. But I see the skins, nor mine, nor the people .. this started a few days here, I'm not sure, but it seems that after the new installation is that everything started to go wrong ... I do not know what to do so I came to you for help. My avatar will complete five years of account. I need a help, a solution! Please help if you can I'm grateful!

Login: Lyzzii Lennie

If you logged into your avatar on a completely different computer, it's not your computer.

The not being able to stand sounds like your animation over-ride (AO) is set to sit.  Look for a sit button on your AO and touch that to toggle it off, turn off your AO completely or detach the AO object and see if you stand.

Firestorm:  Avatar menu -> Avatar Health menu -> try Force Appearance Update or Reset Default Female Avatar

SL Viewer:  CTRL-ALT-R (same as Force Appearance Update)

Go to an empty low lag location and change your outfit and see if that fixes it.  If not... save your outfit if you don't have it saved already.  Then find a safe place to undress.  Go to your outfit folder and right click on it, select Remove From Current Outfit.  You should go completely naked if you have the right folder.  Try wearing a different saved outfit than what you had on. 

If you have an extra skin and shape, change to those temporarily to see if your avatar will rez like it's supposed to.  Any of these may work to bring your avatar back to normal.

I do not quite understand what it is to the
I speak English, so that translators are very bad
I do not know if you Understood my question
I said my avatar is only que GREY
And Also Other avatars
Have objects carry, but very slowly
I see anything that is PRIMS OR MESH
I can not see my skin, I do not see other avatars Also skin
I've been to the low-LAG site, I switched, I wear piece by piece, so I got to see my avatar, but They Were next to me, still Remained GREY
I think maybe the problem is on the server
But I'll try to do what you asked

: Matte-motes-choro:

You said that all this started “after a new installation”. What viewer did you install? What version number, exactly?

Because what you describe sounds as if you have installed an old viewer, or an old version of one, which is NOT compatible with Second Life's current way of doing with avatar textures. And until you update to a current viewer & version, compatible with SSA (Server-Side Appearance), you will keep seeing avatars grey.

I downloaded the version:
https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/?lang=pt-BR

At the end of the installation is the Following message:
is recommended That It runs second life in the latest service pack for your operating system
this will help with the performance and stability of the program

I think This could be it.

CAN SOMEONE SEND ME THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATED VERSION DOWNLOAD I, PLEASE?

Lyzzii, who is your ISP?

Can you try changing over to using Google Public DNS and see if this fixes the problem.

Instructions on how to do this are here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

There have been a few reports again about this problem in the last couple of days.

Please see this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Grey-skin-on-all-avatars/td-p/2787938 and also this bug report BUG-6838

Lyzzii, I noticed by the link of the viewer you posted that you are from Brazil. If you need help understanding, feel free to contact me in-world, if possible (username Zkaar, display name Rayne V. Schauß. I'm avaliable after 7pm, GMT-3 (Brazil Time)).

Now, this workaround I am still testing and I am not sure how long the effects lasts and if I can do it again.
If you're using any anti virus software that has a firewall built in, try removing any entries related to Second Life and other viewers you might have, and if possible, set it to prompt whenever an application needs network access (Interactive mode on AVG, for example.) After that, open your viewer and do not login yet, just issue a clear cache, to be sure. Wait a bit, some windows might pop-up requesting access on the firewall, accept them all. Log in the grid and see if it works.

Again, I do not know if this is the final fix, or if it lasts for some time and if it is possible to reproduce it again, but please report any findings about it.

Also, by any chance your internet service provider is NET Virtua?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.