Guys with female bodies

Monica Querrien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it has something to do with the V2 viewer. I've seen a lot more ruthed people in the past month. Sometimes I see men who have a really small shape like a child but their attachments and clothing seem to indicate they have a larger shape.

Monica Querrien wrote:

Yes, I use Imprudence. But funny that it never seem to happen before..just in the past month or so. It shouldn't be casuing that much conflict...would it? And when they relog, they come back normal, so I wonder what that is about?

Hi, until a few months ago, all the V1 viewers carried over an obsolete feature left over from the days when viewer and server versions were closely tied. There was an error check in there, avatar updates wuld be rejected if they had more than the expected number of parameters. LL changed this check in V2 so that unknown parameters would instead be ignored, but the known parts could pass through. TPVs did not reflect the change because they were still based on old viewer versions.

Imprudence should have been fixed in 1.3.2. If you are still using 1.3 or a 1.4 older than beta 1, it is definitely time to upgrade, a nasty crasher was fixed along with the avatar update fix.

Melita Magic wrote:

Sometimes the female mesh is used to avoid the musclebound look - so they rez in female. I think that's why.

This happens too.

We have the viewer incompatibility issue on one hand (like the picture above), but some guys actually use the female shape.

I purchased a furry avatar recently that said male, and as soon as I tried to fit some men's clothes, I was having trouble. Upon closer look, they'd beefed up a female shape slightly and called it male, instead actually using a male shape. I had to change it to male.

So there's a little bit of both going on, I think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.