Monica Querrien

Guys with female bodies

Is it just me, or do a lot of guys with the SL viewer look like women? I know it happens at times, but I have seen it lately with just about all of my guy friends at least once that has this viewer.

Griffin Ceawlin

Re: Guys with female bodies

Reply to Monica Querrien - view message

What viewer are you using? A v.1.23 based one? I believe this may have something to do with avatar physics?

:smileymad: I'm only a part-time b*tch :smileywink:
My time inworld is limited, and precious. IMs detailing your bruised ego are unwelcome.
Go to my Forum profile and try a PM instead. I may even respond.
~ My Silly Little Blog ~
Monica Querrien

Yes, I use Imprudence. But funny that it never seem to happen before..just in the past month or so. It shouldn't be casuing that much conflict...would it? And when they relog, they come back normal, so I wonder what that is about?

Bree Giffen

I think it has something to do with the V2 viewer. I've seen a lot more ruthed people in the past month. Sometimes I see men who have a really small shape like a child but their attachments and clothing seem to indicate they have a larger shape.

Please visit my store on the SL Marketplace ~ Heliconia
Contributor
Cerise Sorbet

[ Edited ]

Monica Querrien wrote:

Yes, I use Imprudence. But funny that it never seem to happen before..just in the past month or so. It shouldn't be casuing that much conflict...would it? And when they relog, they come back normal, so I wonder what that is about?

Hi, until a few months ago, all the V1 viewers carried over an obsolete feature left over from the days when viewer and server versions were closely tied. There was an error check in there, avatar updates wuld be rejected if they had more than the expected number of parameters. LL changed this check in V2 so that unknown parameters would instead be ignored, but the known parts could pass through. TPVs did not reflect the change because they were still based on old viewer versions.

Imprudence should have been fixed in 1.3.2. If you are still using 1.3 or a 1.4 older than beta 1, it is definitely time to upgrade, a nasty crasher was fixed along with the avatar update fix.

Monica Querrien

Reply to Cerise Sorbet - view message

I currently have 1.3.1. Wasn't aware they had 1.3.2.  Interesting.

Svetlana Salomon
Topics: 0

Don't forget to take pictures !!! There's nothing like little boys with moobs, oversized shoes and ruthed gurl hair :smileytongue:

Brilliant Blonde :smileysurprised:
Honored Resident
Ayrea

[ Edited ]

I got a good chuckle from the ZOMG V2! So quick to point fingers when, in fact it is the outdated viewers causing the issue.

Melita Magic

Sometimes the female mesh is used to avoid the musclebound look - so they rez in female. I think that's why.

"The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one."
"The best way to simplify life is to set your priorities straight."
- Nishan Panwar
Bree Giffen

Reply to Svetlana Salomon - view message

Snapshot_009.png

A pic I posted on another thread.

Please visit my store on the SL Marketplace ~ Heliconia