[Firestorm] Issues in-game.

Bagnio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

So recently I've been experiencing issues with playing in-game. I got new internet installed since I just recently moved and now when I play, my avatar doesn't fully load and when I teleport out of any land to another, I get the error message " ". I am directly connected to my modem/router with an ethernet cable and my LAN speed is 1.0 Gbps. I tried changing the bandwidth and still nothing. The only thing I've recently done was clear my inventory and browser cache. I've also tried a fresh install of Firestorm Viewer as well.

First does this: 

Screenshot_18-21-42.png

Screenshot_18-22-53.png

Then does this:

Screenshot_18-26-10.png

Whenever I put in my WIFI card, it works fine except shirt and pants don't load.

Any idea?

Thanks!

The Same thing has been happening to me lately during the day time though.  Most of the trouble has been of loading up. I am sure it is not my internet connection but most go beyond the extent of it, for it works perfectly fine at NIGHT, rather than the day.  

My avatar hardly loads up, the enviorment will load up but then I am stuck as a cloud, a gray LL avi or simply... just a tail... [is a Neko]  This has been happening for a few days now, and I never had this problem like this before. 

OoXCookieChanXoO wrote:

The Same thing has been happening to me lately during the day time though.  Most of the trouble has been of loading up. I am sure it is not my internet connection but most go beyond the extent of it, for it works perfectly fine at NIGHT, rather than the day.  

My avatar hardly loads up, the enviorment will load up but then I am stuck as a cloud, a gray LL avi or simply... just a tail... [is a Neko]  This has been happening for a few days now, and I never had this problem like this before. 

Well, you are on a Satelite connection...is going to be very hard to compare considering your latency and probably a huge packet loss and there are so many foibles like the weather that can effect you.

Just tested this on the official SL viewer with my WIFI card in (no direct ethernet cable) and this is what it looks like.

Screenshot_23-05-36.png

It does the same on FS as well. Other people can see my outfit fine, however shirts and pants don't load for me or on others from my end.

UPDATE: I got a reply from FireStorm Support:

Hi, Tyler,

Looks like you're the latest victim of the recent ATI graphics driver update. Catalyst 14.12 is known to cause problems. Rolling back your driver to 14.4 should fix you. Info here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/ati#worn_rigged_mesh_goes_invisible

If you need the updated driver because of other apps, there's a different fix here: https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/12/13/amd-catalyst-drivers-additional-windows-workaround/

Please let us know if that fixes you by logging in to the Jira and leaving a comment at the bottom of this page.

Option #2 worked fine as I wanted to use the latest driver.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.