Feet

madelin423

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This maybe the last time I bother anyone. I am really started to feel like this is a job and not fun.  I took off my student
boots and I have no feet.  Wondered what would happen if I wanted to wear bathing suit!  Went to the market place and
found that you can buy feet, but they all say they are mesh feet. Went back in world and looked at my inventory and when
I checked out appearance, it listed "alpha layer" and said it was not worn. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or
not.   Long time ago, I played around with Sims2 and at least their meshes had feet. Am I missing something?

And I want to say thank you to someone who read my last post and sent me something that makes feet invisible. Or
something like that. Haven't had a chance to check it out. I believe they were talking to me, but I thought it was coming
from people talking around me.  Sorry, I haven't got used to how everything works although I am trying.   But having to
buy feet is something else.  It almost three thirty a.m. here and I have been trying to figure this out.

If you have removed your boots and see no feet, you almost certainly have an alpha worn that is removing them. I am not sure what boots you had on but I suppose they could be using invisiprims. It's a very outdated method, and it doesn't work at all with higher graphics settings - but the older stuff would still have them.  

Look in your Current Outfit folder and see if you are wearing something (two somethings, actually) that are attached to your feet, or maybe lower leg.  They may have the word "Invisi" in the name.

Once you get your feet back, you will notice that teh standard avatar foot leaves a lot to be desired.  That is why you see third  party mesh feet. Mesh feet with shoes added on is currently a popualr trend - and in some circles is considered standard practice.

Still haven't figured out the problem. Looked at one of the tutorials that was given to me on another question.
It had someone changing the shoes on a classic avatar and the feet were showing.  The only thing that I did
to my avatar was add another skin. It was theesode x kelly skins and shapers and style card.   It might have
been the way I applied it.  There was a phat azz applier included, but I didn't touch it.  Not even sure how to
use it although I watched a video on it.  I guess I will just start over with another classic avatar and after each
time I change something, I will watch and see what happens with the feet. 

1. Go to a place that you can change in private unless you don't mind being stark naked in a public place LOL

2. open your inventory, then open your current outfit folder (worn items) and take off everything except bald base (looks like a profile of a face), eyes, shape, and skin. (you can't take those parts off, only replace them)

(right click each item and detach/take off)

3. Now you should have everything off and you will see your feet.

You can then start from the basic clasic avatar and wear/add anything you want to create any look you want.

If things that can be detached are not coming off, then relog

Try to use the keyboard shortcut ctrl + alt + T. This highlights transparent things in red. If you wear invisiprims on your feet, you can see them as red, transparent forms around your feet. If you see this, rightclick them and choose detach. To turn off the highlight transparent, use ctrl + alt + T again.

The invisiprims is only working if you have disabled advanced lightning, but I am sure that you have not had time to look into your graphic settings yet. So I suppose it's a fair chance that the graphics has advanced lightning off.

It's another of Linden Labs fails with starter avatars, using invisiprims instead of alpha masks. No wonder SL has a steep learning curve.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.