Do you have to recreate your avatar if you haven't been in SL for a long time?

Indigo Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know if I have to recreate my avatar if I haven't been in SL for a long time?

I now have the new viewer and s/w installed, but my avatar is a misty cloud. I've read and read and tried all the suggestions, but nothing has helped. I even had my ISP come to my house this morning and all is well with my connection. That was my last thing to try...

I hadn't logged in to SL for 4 years, but my account was still there. Do I need to create a new avatar? This didn't seem right, though. When all my inventory was saved for all this time, shouldn't my avatar have also been saved?

I don't want to create a new avatar until I hear back from someone, because I don't to take a chance and lose my original avatar if she's still there.

This has been going on for 1 week now!, and I've been trying to participate in an annual event that's now almost over...

Please help, Thanks!

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Had that happen a couple of days ago with an alt...she didn't have a shape on...rolls her eyes...added a shape and she was there. Check the Current Outfit tab in your inventory and be sure you are wearing a shape and a skin...can't rez without them.

To stop being a cloud, in addition you also need eyes and eyebrows (also called bald or hair base).

Good luck!

Emma :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.