Digitigrade Legs - Alpha no longer working...

AkaiKitsune

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've just logged back into SL for the first time in a few months, and switched to my old KZK Fox avatar. But after I'd waited for it to load fully, I noticed that the normal avatar legs are still visible despite the KZK legs being attached. Previously, they'd been hidden by alpha transparency attached to the leg parts (I assume), but that appears to be no longer working. Same goes for other parts with body-obscuring transparency.

I tried restarting my viewer (standard viewer), clearing my cache, switching avatars and parts (multiple times), fiddling with some graphics options and searching for answers on Google. The only thing that has changed is that I had to install a viewer update, and everything I had was fine before then. Has the recent update broken them, or am I just being really dense and missing something?

Could anybody offer any help please?

most likely you been a bit longer away than just a few months, it sounds to me your av uses invisiprims, that's no alpha.

Invisiprims are not supported anymore for very long time with the comming of advanced lighting settings

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Invisiprim

try to divide the av parts and the invisiprims and wear a real alpha, or get yourself a brandnew look for christmas :)

A few months back, or maybe even more recently - the viewer started using Advanced lighting as a default setting for a wider number of systems than it used to. OP, like myself, probably falls into the list of systems now under advanced lighting by default.

This means SL will start looking more vibrant. But it also means you will finally noticed all the absurdly old stuff that is broken - which few people use anymore anyway.

You will now want to get some alpha maps. They are super easy to make in photoshop or gimp... and also given out as freebies in many places.

I know the furry shop 'dark spot designs' has a great set of alphas. And I think New Citizens Inc. might have a set as well (not sure).

There are also a few in the library - but they are somewhat limited. Most modern apparal products come with alphas now - and if you go to Kinzart... you can get an update to your fox that is all alpha based, and a vastly better modeled fox too...

- Unless your Fox is more than 2 updates old (I think that would mean bought before 2008 or so...), all you need to do is hit one of their two redelivery crystals that are near the landing spot (one of them is for new avatars, the other for old avatars).

- My fox alt bought her avatar from Kinzart in 2009, and when the update came out, I got it free by doing that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.