Cloudy Avatar

irishmuse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Although I signed up some time ago I'm still very new. My avatar worked fine, even with bad WIFI until a few months ago when it became just a cloud. I tried lowering the graphic's but not being the most techy girl in the world the changes only contracted the cloud to a solid ball. Now I have FIOS 25/25 MPS and no trouble with Netflix's, etc. Still have cloud avatar.The other day 2nd Life installed upgrade and changed all settings to "normal" but still no change. Tried removing clothes, no change. HELP PLEASE!! Now that I have the time to actually learn this thing I'm a swirling cloud. HELLLP!

Kate

You need 4 things for your avatar to bake (rez, render, show properly). Click the appearence button, wearing tab to see what you`re wearing.

1: System hair, usually called hair base or eyebrow shaper.

2: Eyes

3: A shape

4: A skin

Sometimes when you login any one of these can fail to download from your last session (usually shape).

If you`re missing any of these you can find some in inventory > library > clothing > older outfits

It`s not a bad idea to make and save an outfit of a skin, eyes, shape and hairbase that you don`t use in any other saved outfits, call it emergency or whatever. If you get cloudy again use your emegency outfit to "replace" your current one. Works on 99% of bake fails for me. Good luck :smileyhappy:

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.