Cannot change my avatar

MsSummers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm new to this Second Life stuff. I created an account now I am having a problem changing my appearance. I clicked Me > Appearance > Female Base Shape > Edit

Now, in the body category I can change things like height, body fat, etc. But when I go to other categories like Head, Eyes, Ears, etc. I can't change anything!

What happens is each of the options will load (e.g. Small Head, Big Head) along with their respective sliders. But when I move the sliders for each of the options, nothing changes. The avatar in the Big head, small head and every other pictures looks exactly the same and my avatar won't change when I move the sliders....

Help, please? :)

-Samantha

You are probably wearing those new mesh avatars. So first remove it:

Here is how:

1. open current outfit (worn) folder and right click on each item and detach (take off) everything except blank skin, blank hair, blank eyes, and the shape.

2. Search in your inventory for “bald”, you should find something that says boy next door bald or something similar (the icon looks like a profile of a face), and right click and wear that (it gets rid of that weird helmet hair incase you are wearing that).

3. Now you can put on any regular skin, eyes, hair, clothes etc…
You can also find yourself another modifiable shape that you like and wear that also. You can then modify/edit it and see the changes you make, then save.

You can find hair, skins, eyes, clothes, shoes etc... at many freebie places. There are some already in your inventory but you may want to find ones that suit your taste more by shopping around. Do a search inworld for stores or go to Marketplace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.