Bounce physics not working.

tonytarheel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My boob and butt bounce physics no longer work. I have several types, and I tried them all, but none of them work. I had two AO's on, and I thought they may be interfering with my physics, so I took them all off, and even re-loged in, but my physics still are not working. Has anyone ever encounterd this problem? I recently changed a few things in my preferences, could I have changed something?

Ashy Calcutt wrote:

Make sure Avatar Physics  slider is all the way to the right :D

Took me a while to figure out where the physics slider was, but I eventually went into edit appearance, and right clicked on the pre-made physics layer that I had on. It was locked for editing, so I clicked on create new physics layer, and put the sliders for boobs and butt all the way to the right, and re-loged in. Still nothing; Help! I really miss my jiggles. I am using the regular SL viewer, if that helps.

1) Most mesh clothing and body attachments don't respond to physics - you won't see them move even if the physics are working.

2) The physics slider you need to push to the right isn't part of the physics wearable. Go to "Preferences" - "Graphics" and hit the "Advanced" button. The slider will be to the bottom left of the menu.

And here's a screen capture too: :smileyhappy:

@ tonytarheel:

Only rigged Fitted Mesh clothes respond to avatar physics; ordinary rigged mesh does not, neither do sculpted prims and prim attachments. (Naturally the the system clothes respond too because they are just painted on the avatar's shape.)

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

1) Most mesh clothing and body attachments don't respond to physics - you won't see them move even if the physics are working.

Most body attachments DO respond to the physics now - most of them now are fitted.

Most clothing does not respond however, as clothing makers have been very slow to adopt fitted mesh for reasons that become obvious the moment you try to wear any of it (I've had no luck thus far - I've yet to find anything that didn't come out thinner than my limbs where it ended in the arms or legs - no matter my shape dials - and I find the alpha map's cover area changes as I change the shape dials).

This difference between body and clothing can have humorous results if you keep your physics item on when wearing a top that seemed to fit at first... until you start moving. :)

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

2) The physics slider you need to push to the right isn't part of the physics wearable. Go to "Preferences" - "Graphics" and hit the "Advanced" button. The slider will be to the bottom left of the menu.

Thank you so much! That worked, I got my jiggles back, YAY! I don't know why they stoped working, they worked fine wnen I first got them, I changed some things in my preferences, but not that.

• 4 years later...

Hi, I have the same issue.. Suddenly all upwards bounce stopped at one place and there is a very mild bounce to the sides, but it all looks really weird.. My settings are set correctly as mentioned above. Do you have any other ideas what might have happened there..?

What sort of a body are you wearing, Eanna? The initial OP was about a system avatar; I'm pretty sure physics works differently for mesh bodies. Of you're wearing a mesh body, what make and type? (For my Slink body, jiggle is produced by a separate attachment, for instance.)

1 hour ago, eanna0 said:

Hi, I have the same issue.. Suddenly all upwards bounce stopped at one place and there is a very mild bounce to the sides, but it all looks really weird.. My settings are set correctly as mentioned above. Do you have any other ideas what might have happened there..?

It's usually better if you start a new thread rather than reopen an old one but in this case it shouldn't matter much.

There are two common reasons for this problem. One is that yuor computer is too busy with other tasks to run the physics animation properly. That can easily happen in laggy locations.

The other is that your shape's Breast Boyancy is set too high or too low so there is no room for movement.

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What sort of a body are you wearing, Eanna? The initial OP was about a system avatar; I'm pretty sure physics works differently for mesh bodies.

The regular physics layer works on the system body. The mesh body jsut follows its movements more or less exactly (depending on the weight rigging).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's usually better if you start a new thread rather than reopen an old one but in this case it shouldn't matter much.

There are two common reasons for this problem. One is that yuor computer is too busy with other tasks to run the physics animation properly. That can easily happen in laggy locations.

The other is that your shape's Breast Boyancy is set too high or too low so there is no room for movement.

The regular physics layer works on the system body. The mesh body jsut follows its movements more or less exactly (depending on the weight rigging).

Sorry, I just thought it will be more appropriate if I don`t scatter the same topic everywhere and keep it at one place. 

It was actually a lag! :o I guess I loaded my pc with tons of things, literally have't turned it off for a week till yesterday. It just never lags usually or create such issues, but I guess there's always a limit.. :D Thank you a lot!

It's not a mesh body. Thank you again ^^

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.