Avi help :c

kayegoesrawr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First post. Yey.

Well I managed to get the Felis avatar, and tried to mod it. I changed the textures but when I logged back in the whole avatar was white except for my clothes.  This happened twice. I really want to make a mod for my fursona, so could someone please help meh? Thank yew.

Kaye

There's often some lag between changing an object's colour (and texture, alpha, shinyness etc.) and the asset database recording that change. Even though it appears to have changed, if you log off during that gap, you can lose the changes you've made. This is especially the case when editing worn attachments rather than objects rezzed in-world.

When changing colour on a multi-prim object, the prims change colour then some randomly change back. It can be especially bad if you're picking a custom colour with the sliders rather than using one from the palette.

Fixes: If you can rez the objects somewhere to edit them, then the changes are more likely to 'set' once you take them back to inventory. If you don't have access to anywhere*, edit them as attachments. Either way, wait for 30 seconds or so after changing the colour for all the links to pick up the colour. You might get odd prims that still haven't taken the colour; just repeat the process, or edit the individual prims that haven't changed.

Get into the habit of detaching and re-attaching any attachments you've edited to 'set' the changes before logging off - any changes, especially manual re-sizing and alignment.

* There's a sandbox here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Curious/20/19/23 owned by the creator of the Uchi Felis av. You might be able to get some one-on-one help from experienced modders there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.