Applying clothing to meshbody

Zeltrisha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there. 

I don't quite sure, if i start a thread in the right place, but i have a little question.

I bought a meshbody (themeshproject.org), the starters pack (1000 cr), it saids that i have 1 layer for clothes. So i decided to get new clothes for my new body, so i opened the list of designers, who do the clothes for this meshbody, and bought item i liked. Now i got a question - how to apply textures of clothes to this meshbody?

Thank you.

(Don't worry, I put in a request for the topic to be moved)

The mesh avatars usually have clothing applied via some form of "applier" which is what you will probably have purchased as clothing.  Other than that, i'm not going to be much use to you because i'm not familiar with that one but as you said, there's a hud and that would be a way to do it by using the hud with the applier.

It may help if you can post any instructions for both the hud and the clothing in here, or contact the creator of the mesh avatar as another option.

As far as I know, unless you are using only mesh clothing (in which case in needs to NOT be fitted mesh, so that you can choose from the five standard sizes in the folder), you must buy clothing specifically for your mesh body. No other clothing will work outside of standard mesh clothing that may, or may not.

TMP is somewhat proprietory. For some clothes you do use appliers. The layers the OP is referring to are those. I'm not sure about wearing mesh clothing with it. I know I have no problems wearing mesh with my Physique.

As for the appliers, the kits are just now being sent out. However, many of the potential designers are opting out of making appliers for TMP because of how their appliers operarte. There aren't a lot of designers for clothing for TMP atm, mainly because of their policies. I'm still trying to decide if I want to make clothes for TMP body, although I've been approved to get the designer kit.

Hate to say it, but you'd have been better served purchising the Lena or the Physique.

TMP has a BEAUTIFUL shape, it is by far the best mesh body I've demoed. The only reason I don't use it is the lack of appliers. I want my skin, I want clothing options. If those become available I'll be using TMP body exclusively because it is a hundred times more aesthetically pleasing to me. My boyfriend didn't like the plastic look of the skin choices it comes with, so didn't like the body at all. He might give it another chance if skin appliers are ever in the works for it xD I did find a few of the meshes that I already have that fit the mesh project body, sort of.. but none were a great fit and all I had to tweak the shape to make it work. 

(My reply was to the OP not Bobbie... :))

Hello, you should find a box symbol that is marked with TMP or The Mesh Project or similar in your folder. I show an example for this top: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Solange-Casual-Stripe-Top-4-Pack/6309706

Make sure you have the "Style mode" HUD attached to your screen. It shows up in the bottom right corner. Then wear the applier. It should turn up in the middle of your screen. Press it and the text changes to "Yay"..." (see image under) Detach this now. Keep the Style Mode HUD on.

Ribbet collage.jpg

Then click the Style mode HUD. Then the "Body" symbol in the bottom row. Then "Styles".

hud tmp_004.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I have the Deluxe body, so I am not sure if the HUD is identical. Under the heart symbol you find the tattoos you have bought and uploaded in the Style Mode HUD.

hud tmp_005.jpg

Under the clothing icon is your clothes. Use arrow keys if you have uploaded many clothes. Click the one you will wear.

hud_001.jpg

Under "Modify" you find loose or tight fit.

IT girls, Wow skins and [Pumec] has skin appliers on the Marketplace. And it's more posted in this Flickr group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/themeshproject/pool/

UncommonTruth wrote:

TMP has a BEAUTIFUL shape, it is by far the best mesh body I've demoed. The only reason I don't use it is the lack of appliers. I want my skin, I want clothing options. If those become available I'll be using TMP body exclusively because it is a hundred times more aesthetically pleasing to me. My boyfriend didn't like the plastic look of the skin choices it comes with, so didn't like the body at all. He might give it another chance if skin appliers are ever in the works for it
xD
I did find a few of the meshes that I already have that fit the mesh project body, sort of.. but none were a great fit and all I had to tweak the shape to make it work. 

As I said, it's a nice shape. However, instead of using inworld appliers, like most of the other mesh products do, the installers go through TMP servers So....a designer for installer clothing, ie applier on other mesh products, doesn't have the control over the appliers that they have with the ones using inworld appliers. Technically, I suppose, it's less script time doing it the way they do, but as a designer, I want to keep control of my designs....shrugs.

I wish there was a demo for the alpha hud for it. I've tried every mesh shape I could get my hands on, and this one is my favorite by a landslide. The lack of applier options is a huuuuuge drawback, but I checked and my skin maker does offer TMP appliers, so I'm so tempted D: That alpha hud looks very exact, are you able to wear a good amount of mesh clothes with it? There was one other I tried that had a comparable hud but it didn't seem to have nearly as many alpha options, and there were very few mesh clothes that worked with it because of this. 

The best is that you can wear back and front separately, and right and left side. The downside is that it's a lot of clicks! :D

It is good... many alphas... but it's some issues where front alpha and back alpha meet in the sides. I have the same problem on Physique and Wowmeh too. I own all three.

But wait until this weekend. A new body from Belleza! https://www.flickr.com/photos/21904261@N02/14858000400/in/photostream/

I am curious to see this, and nobody knows the price. It can't be more expensive than The Shops.

I am collecting the mesh bodies and untill now I like physique the most.

TMP is for me very disappointing and the luxe versions far too expensive.

The free TMP body is very popular. At some beaches 50% of all the avatars are wearing a TMP body and they look almost all the same....lol

I am very curious about the Belleza body !

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.