Honored Resident
StilettoSara

Re: About new Firestorm version

Reply to StilettoSara - view message

FIXED ....YAYAYAYAYAY

Thank gawd for that I am stubborn :smileywink:

This is what I did:

Preferences----->Graphics------>

Point Lightning (restart required)----->   I sat to Sun/Moon Only.........Was sat to: FULL (Default)

-------> Restarted and VOILA

HUGGGS :smileywink: Sara

StilettoSara wrote:

FIXED ....YAYAYAYAYAY

Thank gawd for that I am stubborn :smileywink:

This is what I did:

Preferences----->Graphics------>

Point Lightning (restart required)----->   I sat to Sun/Moon Only.........Was sat to: FULL (Default)

-------> Restarted and VOILA

HUGGGS :smileywink: Sara

but, now you wont see streetlamps or firefly lights, or any of the ambiance lighting that are in many sims..

Steel & Ink
You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
"Time And Relative Dimension In Space"

StilettoSara wrote:

About the settings via PREFERENCES----->GRAPHICS .....I marked those 2 Squares again.....BUT.. (okay sea came back n Environment looked way better again :smileywink: ....The fact still remains that my breasts shine is so strong that the breasts at some angles when i move..... all of a sudden is SO SO WHITE....and not showing if it now is the SHADOW/OIL/SHINE......No...now that thing looks crazy bad.....Very thankful for ideas of what to set and by what numbers?

Hugggs / Sara

Why are your boobs shiney? and why are they glowing? can we get a pic or two..

(you all knew i was gonna ask.)

Steel & Ink
You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
"Time And Relative Dimension In Space"
Kelli May

[ Edited ]

Given that point lighting was causing the problem, it's clear that some nearby light source was to blame. 

1. Were you under or near some fixed ambient source, like a streetlamp or club spotlight? Was the effect less when you moved? 

2. Was someone nearby with a badly set up facelight?

3. Are you wearing face and/or body lights? Are they set ridiculously high in value or radius? If you don't use point lighting, you really should remove them, because you could be playing havoc with other people's view of their avatar and surroundings. Turning off point lighting might solve it for you, but anyone wanting to see light sources will have to deal with it in their own way (derendering you, derending the lights, moving away from you).

Many people wear lights and aren't even aware that they do, let alone the problems they cause. Some hair, and even clothes designers, add them to attachments with no regard for the problems they can cause. I recently saw someone with 10 light sources attached to their av... more than SL's graphic engine is capable of rendering. 

Go somewhere dark & empty and switch point-lighting on... does the surrounding area suddenly glow as if floodlit?Check attachments worn... anything labelled facelight or bodylight should be removed or at least checked to see how powerful it is. Hit CTRL-ALT-t to highlight transparent objects, and look for little spheres or bars hanging in front of your face (hit CTRL-ALT-t again to un-highlight). Check the menu options of hair for lighting controls; a responsible builder will have scripted a way to turn them off.

Labels are like rocks: you can use them to navigate, or you can wreck yourself on them.
Rhys Goode

Some people have facelights that look simply garish with advanced graphics enabled, even though they are not so bad without it.  Wearing a bad one wash out the avatar and everyone else around it.  Good builds look *much* nicer with full advanced graphics, but I constantly have to turn off local lights either because of those ugly facelights or because of poor lighting design in the build.  There are facelights available that do a fine job but you have to look around for them.

Honored Resident
Ryder Palfrey

The main issue I have with this new version of Firestorm is that when changing an outfit it takes AGES to rebake the new layers.  Sometimes it doesn't change them at all until I relog.