Seeking Custom Mesh Makeup Hud

SnowBlaque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't necessarily know whom I'm looking for, but I believe it involves scripting. I'd like a custom hud filled with different makeup options that can be compatible with any mesh head, if that's even possible, please let me know by replying at your earliest convenience.

- Thank you.

Yes a HUD will involve scripting. What you are asking for is a scripted way to apply textures/colours to an area ( a material ) of a mesh head I think (although any SL object works the same way). The tech is easy enough to do if..and its a big if..you have modify rights to the heads in question. And of course if you have the target heads to be scripted for. And as always..budget. Script wise its rather trivial. Effort versus reward as always is the question =^^=

I wish you luck

What you are asking for is an applier that will apply new skins with different make up to your head.  Ad Mikka explained, the scripting/hud isn't very difficult, but it is custom work and you will pay more for it then one that is sold to many people through a shop or Marketplace.

This will also require a template for the head in order to make the textures.  Do you have one or does the creator offer a developer kit?

Unless the head has a some type of 'shell' on it to use for changing makeup, you will need a new skin texture for each makeup.  Good skin textures, to say nothing of the makeup, are the most difficult type of texture to do and take a long time to make, even for a highly skilled artist. That's why quality skins cost so much.  Add to that the necessity of matching the skin you wear on your body, it will be a difficult job to get a good match.

You can't expect a  highly skilled artist to work for SL type wages.  So be prepared to pay a great deal of money for each texture, as you will have to pay RL wages for someone to be willing to spend a great deal of time  creating multiple textures for you.  If there is a shell for makeup over the head, and a developer kit or template for it,  it will cost less, but still a great deal more than make ups sold through shops.

Thank you both very much for your replies. I didn't mean to insinuate that I'm looking for a hand out or a low quote or anything of the sort. I'm aware of the costs etc, that isn't my issue. To provide a little more information, I do not have rights to the head, It's a custom head and the owner wouldn't like me to have such files. If it were to be possible for someone to create this hud and make it transferable I suppose whilst giving me instructions on how to combine the head and the hud, that'd be great, if that makes any ounce of sense. If you are or know of someone who is a scripter, please, leave your information below.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.