NPC

emroddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I'm currently creating a poison control center in SecondLife. For this I need 8 npc nurse characters to sit at tables I have put in the room. I also need these to be able to speak to users when they click on them. Is this something that I can purchase/create?

Thanks!

You have two distinguished questions and you don't specify very well what you need exactly. I might be able to help with the scripting part (speak when people click on NPC).

But let's start with the NPC. I guess that you are looking for mesh represenations of people, not bots (which are a nightmare to set-up, use a lot of resources and hard to maintain).

There is almost no market in SL for such NPC mesh models. Their production is very time consuming and there almost no people interested in buying them. Your best shot is finding an existing 3D model, like from this provider and upload the mesh with a custom pose into Second Life: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/people/nurse.

You will not only need to find someone with the uploading skills (a good mesh model only takes 3-10 units of land impact, someone who has no clue about building in SL will end up with at least 50 LI per mesh model) - you should also check if a commercial provider doesn't forbid explicitly to upload their model to Second Life. There are free and open source 3D models too, but it is quite a pain to search and find them.

About the scripting part: It is one of the most basic scripts to let an object talk after a touch. If you really come far enough with your project (let's say you have uploaded your builds and 3D models) then don't hesitate to contact me. I will give you this script and explain you how to modify it yourself (should take 5 minutes to learn that). In no time every clicked object says in chat, what it should - and I will be happy to do it for free.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.