My Little Pony Custom Avatars

Samajimimamimi Xue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been looking all over SL for the right pony body, the right mane and tail, eyes and all the other things that could go into a Princess Cadance pony avi. I've looked on the marketplace, Bronyvill, Canterlot and Trodsdale, and i've yet to find anything that could be used to make it.

Seeing as i have no skills whatso ever in making my own items for the avi, i was wondering if someone could make it for me. How much it would cost and how long it would take to make it. 

If anyone could help me with this i'd greatly appreciate it.

I think Hasbro sees people using pony avatars as quite a positive thing. Bronies, their art and avatars, have carried the program into being a worldwide phenomena. A pony avatar is walking advertising and an adult fan is a fan with money to spend on pony related products.

Most of the pony avatars are based on the beta earth pony body. There are some custom ones out there, but the sort you are looking for is the tall thin "princess" type, though Cadance herself is smaller than celestia and you could probably use a normal pony body for her. There are princess type avatars our there, but i havent seen any that are available, they all seem to be custom made by their owners.

This is likely a stance supported by the community too, seeing as the princess type "unicorn pegasi" are supposedly very rare, so everyone having one would be a bit daft.

Your best bet is to check with the pony communities themselves, at their sims, to see who uses such an avatar and if they can assist.

Ah, thank you for this, it was very helpful. I have met Princess Celestia and seen the items to make her, just not the pony body for the princess types.

I didn't think you HAD to have permission from Hasbro to make them as SL itself wouldn't be able to exist with all the copyright infringments that would rain down on their heads from all the items being made that just 'look' like someones RL product. 

It's not so much that you HAVE to have permission, you're just breaking the law if you don't.

Now as Chronometria said, Hasbro may have no problem with people copying their material - may even see it as advertising - in which case you've got nothing to worry about.  If they decide to sue though, you're in trouble.  To be honest, Hasbro are probably pretty sensible and you might be ok.  Don't try it with Disney characters though, they hate everyone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.