Looking to Rent "Classic European" Skybox Long Term

Katia Clifton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi ya,

I'm looking for a Parisian (Paris) style or similar "old Europe" skybox rental.  I'd prefer multiple scenes, but would like them to be mostly European in nature.  Doesn't have to be huge - one room is OK.  Rental up to $500/week (max).  IM me in world if you have any tips or leads or available rentals.

Kat Clifton

All I can offer is a tip:

There's a LOT of buildings for sale in SL that could fit that theme. And some good furniture shops that are similar. If I was in SL right now I could name 3 of them that I am visualizing items I have bought - that have sections catering to that style, but I am frustratngly blanking right now...

So my tip: buy your own small plot of land. Buy a 'demo rezzer / scene rezzer' (but NOT a temp rezzer - because it will annoy you even as it saves prims, temp rezzers re-rez the item once ever 50 seconds or so, and the screen flicker in that moment can eventually be head-ache inducing...)

A scene rezzer... I've seen these in some things like space stations, and for sale for merchants. You pack up a whole scene of goods and put it in the rezzer as one combo... another scene of goods as another combo... and then you click the thing, pick a scene, and it rezzes it out as permanent (no flicker) objects until you click the option to remove or change them.

- Your post indicates you know this, from the point of view of being a renter who has used one... If you own your own land, you can fill that rezzer with your own stuff.

Because you have a very particular theme in mind... you will never be fully happy until you just get your own spot and make the theme yourself.

$500L/week... is basically the cost of a base premium account. Get your own small piece of land - or... rent not a skybox, but an empty parcel... and use this rezer idea on your own...

So... that's my tip... I don't know of any specific rental places though.

I can recommend a company that I have rented from for almost the last year

Multiscenes Skybox Select Rentals (Adult Land)

45 + Scenes (all styles rp too - Paris, NY, Beaches, Castle and more! gorean- cities)

Security

Intan Dance

TV and radio each skybox

Private (no flying allowed)

BDSM and private club is one of the scenes.

You can rez up to 100 prims in your own platform

Quality Buildings every scene

250 Lindens Weekly  / 100 prims

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sylvan%20Grove/247/124/251

They also offer some 60 Linden 15 week rentals called 60 Linden Rentals

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sylvan%20Grove/245/95/151

Owner is always online if you have questions! (JamieLee Larnia)

WickedFun Resident

Sorry Kat, as far advanced as we Europeans are technologically, I wouldn't know of  any company building skyboxes. We just don't have a strong tradition of living in the sky. Hmmm, I guess neither have the Americas, Africa or Asia. Maybe you should ask the Aussies, they have the weirdest things. :smileyvery-happy:

Not sure if my experience with MultiScene was caused by something on my end, but I had serious issues everytime I logged in. No matter where I would set "home" to, I would end up logging into the floor, a wall, always someplace that was just a pain to negotiate my way out of. Also, I had the most expensive of the 3 options, and according to the NC I received, they only allowed 30 prims. 

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Not sure if my experience with MultiScene was caused by something on my end, but I had serious issues everytime I logged in. No matter where I would set "home" to, I would end up logging into the floor, a wall, always someplace that was just a pain to negotiate my way out of.

This is another reason why I recommend not renting a multiscene skybox. Just buy or rent some land, and put in your own multiscene skybox.

What you're probably seeing up there is the landlord's settings messing with your own - landing spot, or just a skybox configured other than how you would like it. If you control the land settings or the skybox - you can dictate that.

• 2 weeks later...

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

Not sure if my experience with MultiScene was caused by something on my end, but I had serious issues everytime I logged in. No matter where I would set "home" to, I would end up logging into the floor, a wall, always someplace that was just a pain to negotiate my way out of. Also, I had the most expensive of the 3 options, and according to the NC I received, they only allowed 30 prims. 

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but in my experience this happens mostly when the product(house, furniture, etc..) is set up in a way that makes it de-rez when you log off and re-rez when you(or your named land partner if you have one) log back in. They can be lovely places, but it can also be utterly annoying at times.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.