Enviromental light dimmer

insilvermoonlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So my shop is in an open sim that has a regularly rotating sunrise/midday/sunset/midnight. I find it difficult to adjust my in store lighting to suit all these light levels through out the day. I've looked but unable to find a script (?) that allows my lights to dim during the midday and brighten with the midnight setting, an enviromental dimmer switch if you will. Is this something you make or can make? Lemme know. Thanks!

insilvermoonlight wrote:

So my shop is in an open sim that has a regularly rotating sunrise/midday/sunset/midnight. I find it difficult to adjust my in store lighting to suit all these light levels through out the day. I've looked but unable to find a script (?) that allows my lights to dim during the midday and brighten with the midnight setting, an enviromental dimmer switch if you will. Is this something you make or can make? Lemme know. Thanks!

You will never be able to make your store look perfect to everyone as everyone can have different lighting settings. I never have my windlight set to region default, unless it is an RP sim.

You can check the sun position via script and based on that make decisions to set the lights, this assumes of course that your light scripts have the differenct levels and can be called from a script in some way.

I'm not inworld at the moment, but hit me up and I'll come by to take a look, should be fairly simple to do. I have something similar, though just on/off, for my home.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.