Cover Charge Script or Gadget?

Joy Iddinja

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm seeking an SL script or gadget that I can use to start a club.  The club I'm considering starting is performance based and in SL that has historically been a no-starter as there was no means by which to outst freeloaders.  So it hit me, couldn't you create a security orb that could be programed to allow a visitor a limited amount of time to pay cover charge to an object and if they fail to pay the amount, they get ejected from the land?  If they returned, they would have 30 seconds to pay or leave and then would be ejected again and again, etc.  This would allow people to sample the performances but not be able to freeload and make clubs unprofitable.

Is there such a device already that I've not seen that works this way?   Is this technically impossible in SL or am I not seeing the flaw?  I''m sure I can't be the only one who's thought of this.  

Not sure if there is what you want but If you own the parcel you can set it to sell passes to get on the land.

I will tell you that if you want a club to be successful you don't want to exclude people but include them. Your club will probably fail if people have to pay to get in with all the clubs around that are free. Clubs are rarely money makers and are usually money pits. You do it for the fun, not the money....just saying.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.