You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
AmberSweet23

Looking for PVC/Latex textures...

Hello there. I'm currently looking for glossy black PVC/Latex textures. I'm looking for textures that I will be able to use outside of Second Life in another virtual world. I'm willing to pay you in $USD via paypal. Also would be willing to purchase other textures as well.

Honored Resident
Ange Jacobus

Re: Looking for PVC/Latex textures...

Reply to AmberSweet23 - view message

Take a look on the marketplace or do a search at some sites like deviantart for textures that have a free use personal and commercial license. Good luck

New Resident
AmberSweet23

I don't really like using free use textures or pictures you find randomly floating around the internet. They tend to make products look really amateur especially when you try and tile them. I've looked on the second life marketplace through a serach and found some decent ones by E&D Engineering although they don't let you use them outside of SL unless you contact them directly. I don't use SL and am not sure how to contact them off site cause there is no contact information there.

How does the texutre marketplace work exactly? If I buy a texture does it get sent to you in SL or do I actually receive the PSD files through email or some other means? I have no problem paying for good quality textures. It's finding an artist who's willing to sell them for me to use that seems to be difficult.

Honored Resident
Ange Jacobus

Yes, when you buy from the marketplace the textures are sent to you in-world as a TGA or PNG file. Typically PSD files are not included in the sale unless its stated in the original marketplace listing and it would be delievered via a download link or email communication after purchase. Unfortunetly there are quite a few texture sellers on the marketplace who are not selling their original work (E&D is original work) so unless you're familair with the seller's reputation in SL you cannot guarantee you are getting proper license details.

I know you said you do not like looking for textures on the web but have you considered some of the sites like Renderosity? It has thousands of resources directly from the artists who provide license details and you can use paypal. If you do a simple search for seamless latex you will get many results. I just got their email newsletter last night that has a 25% coupon code in it so if you like anything there let me know and I can send you the code...I think the sale runs through this Sunday and you should be able to find the code on their twiiter page also.

Good luck

New Resident
AmberSweet23

Well I never sign into SL so would I be able to get the files sent to me directly through email? I mostly use IMVU to be honest cause it isn't as laggy and is much easier to work with in my opinion. I wanted to buy the textures and use them to create products on that site. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to contact E&D or any other seller for that matter off the SL client itself like via forums or anything.

I checked out renderosity and do they sell textures like the ones I'm looking for? I couldn't seem to find any there and they have 3D models on their site that kind of look like SL avatars.