about a month ago - I started crashing for no apparent reason(s).I use sl v3

Fantasy Nikita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am fine unless I try to use the cam controls or walk through a door - MOST of the time - sometimes just standing still and pooooooooooof I'm gone.  I haven't changed anything - have tried to completely uninstall and reinstall the new version - but nothing seems to help.  I have a relatively new computer and don't think it is my computer.  Please help this is so frustrating.  I did install singularity as a test and didn't have crash issues.

3 answers to this question

Did you try a clean install of the viewer? Please be sure and add that information as it looks your issue is connected to the viewer, because Singularity seems to work.

For a clean install look here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Guessing around a little: It could be that your PC/Laptop has some issues with the temperature since the SL Viewer does need more power than the Singularity. Make sure that the air can flow freely and if not, clean it with some air in the can and maybe a soft brush. Open the case of the PC if needed (if we speak of a "Desktop").

• Like 1

The one big thing that has changed recently is that you got a new computer, so I'd start there.  Specifically, if you have been using wireless, try using a direct LAN cable connection to your router instead.  It just may be that your new computer isn't making as reliable a connction as the old one did, you are losing packets at critical times when your viewer has to handle a lot of extra data.

I did try the clean install - but when I tried to use the link you provided above it said the page could not be found so don't know what that is about - the pc was perfectly fine until recently - it is clean so I don't know what else the problem could be - and yes I truly believe it is within the sl viewer since singularity works fine and it just recently started acting like this - but it is so frustrating and i want to stick with the sl viewer. Thank you for your help tho :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.