Viewer will not r4ecognise me

Kutther

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

HI have you done a clean install or has it been updated. you say it will not accepts your log in. retype your user name which is Kutther in the first box if there is 3 boxes, type into the second, resident and in the last box type your password if that still fail to log into the game. on the right side the last box that normally has the words log into my last location click on the words and change it by typing into it pooley or mainland, london or a sim you know hope that help if not and all fail, you need to do a clean install of the viewer, if lindens lab not send you a Email telling you you are on hold. enjoy the game byee

Hi,

Have you done a clean install or has it been updated?

• Perhaps if you retype your username ('Kutther') in the first text box.
  • (if there are 3 boxes, the second box should be 'resident' - this is your surname, but most modern viewers should only have two boxes)
  • And in the third text box type your password.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

You may also want to check that Second Life hasn't sent you a notice informing you that your account is on hold - this will have been sent to you by Email.

Byeeeeeeeeeeee.

You could also update your question with the error message provided by the viewer. And make sure you have the latest  viewer by downloading from http://get.secondlife.com

• Like 1

Ignore this if you didn't just change your password.

But if you did change it since your last successful login, did you use any non alpha numeric characters. Some of them are not accepted with the viewer login. One that I know of is the British pound sign £ and I think there are a couple of others.

If that is the case log back into the web site again and change your password and don't use any of those guys.

• Like 2

If you didn't update your viewer to the newest version, that may be the problem.  LL, Firestorm and some other of the third party viewers have disabled earlier versions of viewers because the tech has changed and the older viewers won't work.  You won't be able to log in until you get the newest version.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.