My Firestorm viewer keeps crashing, help!

KrieaKitsune

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Firestorm viewer crashes when I try to run it, getting a bit past the initializing part, showing a title bar with a blank white screen for a few seconds then crashes completely.  I can run the default secondlife viewer, just Firestorm crashes.  The strange thing is I've always used FIrestorm and it worked previously until yesterday and hasn't worked since.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Rolig's suggestion is the most likely to fix your problem.

I would suggest you see if you can save some effort. Download and  install the FS viewer over the top of the existing install. If a file has been messed up this might... MIGHT... fix things and save all your settings. Then if that doesn't work go to a clean install.

...and of course you did restart your computer and try FS? Yes?

When you ask a tech question like this one include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection between the computer and gateway and/or between the gateway and ISP. T-Mobile and other ISP’s use a wireless system to connect to you.

Without information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with. As it is, we are guessing everything else about your viewer install and drivers is good and that you just have a messed up install...

My firestorm was working this morning then I double click it to log on again and it crashes every time.

This is how I fixed it.

I went to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming and deleted the Firestorm_x64 folder

Then I went to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow and deleted the Firestorm folder also

Then I went to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local and deleted FirestormOS_x64 folder as well

Then I opened up Firestorm again and it worked without crashing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.