How do you meet people

xavier909

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Meeting people works the same way it does in RL, except that we all have name tags over our heads and a brief public bio in our profiles.  That makes breaking the ice a lot easier.  So it's perfectly fine to scan someone's profile and then say "Hey!   I'm interested in Incan Ruins too!  Could you tell me where to see some neat places in SL?"   Or make up your own line.....  Then you're all set.

So where do you meet people?  Same as in RL.  Go to events, visit sims that look interesting, contact groups that you share an interest with.......   It's all searchable.  Play with your SEARCH tool and explore.  :smileywink:

• Like 1

Rolig provided a great answer, but I'd like to expand on that just a little bit.

We each have our "goals" in SL, and only you can decide what your goal is. SL is open-ended, just like real life. So, your purpose in SL can be as simple as a virtual chat room, or as complex as learning new skills and putting them to use.

Since you asked how to meet new people, specifically, then I have some suggestions. As Rolig mentioned, the search tool is your friend and it's the best way for you to accomplish your task. However, there is one niche in both RL and SL that everyone has in common -- Music.

In SL, one of the most common "meeting places" are clubs. Here a person can meet new people, listen to their favorite types of music, and begin to learn about SL and how it all works. There are small clubs, big clubs, crowded clubs and clubs that have just a few regulars. No matter which you choose to attend, the chances of you meeting folks quickly are greater when you go to where the people are.

When you choose a club to go to, don't be afraid to speak first. Don't be afraid to say "Hey, I'm new to SL!".... While you'll find that some people have probably opened your profile the moment you came through the door, you'll also find that you will be welcomed. All you have to do is be yourself, be open to new friendships, and be ready to have fun.

If you can do that, the community that is Second Life will make the rest happen all on its own. Good Luck in your endeavors. And if you need a good place to go, send me a message. I'm a DJ and have been around for a while, and I can certainly tell you clubs to visit that you will be able to comfortably begin your SL journey.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.