How do i see wireframe again? I have done that in the past but I can't remember which keys to hit.

lolalab69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I dropped my dance hud at a club i work at and now I can't see it to take it back.. only the hover text of dances inside it.

Grrrr .. I've tried ctrl-alt-T but still can't see the actual device.

Should I be able to see it if I turn wireframe on? hmmm.. can anyone help? How do I turn wireframe on again?

Sighs.. I have 1000sL in that hud. i would hate for it to be sittingi there ..invisible for ever :(

4 answers to this question

I dropped my dance hud at a club i work at and now I can't see it to take it back.. only the hover text of dances inside it.

Grrrr .. I've tried ctrl-alt-T but still can't see the actual device.

Should I be able to see it if I turn wireframe on? hmmm.. can anyone help? How do I turn wireframe on again?

Sighs.. I have 1000sL in that hud. i would hate for it to be sittingi there ..invisible for ever :(

not sure the wireframe will help you 

but if you want to try its CTRL + Shift +R

i would recommand you to use the search area instead (not sure this feature is in every viewer, but Firestorm has one).

in the second tab you have "search", here you type the name of your hud, or at least one word that is in the hud name, and it will scan the surround. Once it find, youll get a lil red arrow till your hud.

Wireframe is just goiing to make everything look more confusing.  You can use Firestorm's Area Search if you like, but it often misses things and puts a lot of strain on the sim's servers. A better choice is Build >> Pathfinding >>> Linksets , which lets you search by the object's name, owner, and a mess of other things.  It also lets you TP to the spot where the object is.  Another decent option is to just use a beacon (CTRL + Alt + Shift + N or World >>> Show More >> Beacons) to highlight scripted objects or put a crosshair over them. 

HUDs are usually very, very small when rezzed in-world so hard to see.  Since you can see its hovertext though you know more or less where it is.  Ensure you have 'select only my items' checked, focus the camera on that area, press ctrl-F3 to open the edit window and  drag a box over the area on-screen.  Only your items, in that area, will be selected and that should pretty much narrow it down to the HUD.  Take it!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.