How do I resolve a Data Handler Memory low error?

BelleBax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I add certain apparel items to my avatar, I get an odd glitter effect that circles my avatar, and the following message in local:  Data Handler Memory low.  Reset your jewelry if this continues to be a problem.  The message and annoying glitter effect seem to be on a loop, they display repeatedly.  

Initially, this was happening with a certain new dress I purchased from a vendor called Glitterati.  I stopped wearing their items, but I'm now seeing this glitter effect with other items I got before I added any Glitterati apparel.  

I've tried clearing my cache, but that hasn't helped.  This feels like a bug that's traveling through my inventory.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers to this question

I've never seen that happen, but there's a similar problem that strikes some machines with limited graphics memory, especially in very graphics intense environments.  Take a look at the Firestorm wiki's explanation here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_textures_discarded

Edit:  BTW, that "glitter": effect is the particle cloud that is generated whenever a script "talks".  Whoever wrote that script may have written it to say that error message in chat (or as a llOwnerSay error message) while s/he was debugging the script, never expecting it to be triggered in the final version for sale.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.