Dear Linden Labs, SL's new viewer still not working.

Creeperella Fallen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Not everyone runs the same computers and operating systems, so before forcing people into doing manditory updates that may not work, you should really take that into consideration first. Also not all of us want to risk beta products or third party viewers. You should really let people decide on their own whether or not they want to update. That would probably cause less problems for those of us who are fortunate enough to have good comps/systems.

Also please, anyone responding to this, don't give me the same answers you give everyone else and their brother, it's not useful to me. Otherwise I wouldn't be having to post another question/complaint.

Sincerly a still thoroughly frustrated Creeperella.:smileyfrustrated:

1 answer to this question

Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answers site.  We are all SL residents like you, and we cannot do anything more than give you our best advice.  If you don't want to use one of the excellent Third Party viewers and don't feel like trying one of the Release Candidate or Project viewers that we have suggested, you may want to try the test version of the viewer that's hoped to be the fix - if you want to try it click on the links next to the word "install". CYGWIN is for Windows; Darwin is for Macs..

http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/oz_maint-4678/rev/296857/index.html

Otherwise, all we can suggest is that you wait patiently for a new update.  Normally, updates are optional, so you don't need to download one if you don't want to, but this most recent one was a rare mandatory one because it needed to be compatible with server-side changes in SL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.