You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Harm Avril

Emerald Viewer

Nice going Linden Labs...

I always have used the Emerald Viewer developed by Modular Systems. But now, 10 minutes ago i wanted to login, and it gave me the great message:

Login Failed.

The viewer you are using can no longer access Second Life. Please visit the following page to download a new viewer.

Does linden labs have nothing other to do?! Go ban the viewers that are in violation with the TOS or whatever you refer to in this case. The emerald viewer was very usefull to people that create things in Second Life (like me), it had the tools that made it more easy. Besides, it was the last viewer that was understandable by every person. Viewer 2 is not user friendly at all is my opinon.

Now i am concidering quiting SL, because i get the feeling that what linden labs is doing right now brings us back to the 1940's.

My hope is that more people have an opinion, and if so i would love to read them here.

Honored Resident
Seven Okelli

Re: Emerald Viewer

Reply to Harm Avril - view message

Are you using the latest version of Emerald?

If not, just download the newest.  It's the one that's on the approved third-part viewer list.

Honored Resident
Lucard Donogal

Concur with Seven. I use Emerald v1.23.5.1634 which is the new version that is TPV compliant.

Mysty Saunders

You must download the Third Party Compliant version of Emerald which is version 1634 or higher.

http://modularsystems.sl/downloads.html

Here there be monsters…
New Resident
Meg Rajesh

I too got the message - I downloaded the newest version - and all is right as rain!  Phew - the thought of dealing with Viewer 2.0 - YUCK

Honored Resident
Shylie Bravin

I am in the same situation as the OP and after downloading the newest Emerald version it gives me an error that it is not a valid win32 application

*sighs*  and this was the only version I could find on the Emerald site.

Honored Resident
Marie Price

I believe the current TPVP compliant version of the Emerald viewer is 1.23.5.1634
Available from here...

http://modularsystems.sl/downloads.html
Or
http://code.google.com/p/emeraldviewer/downloads/list

The Layers Have Eyes!!!
New Resident
Youko Giha

I'm thinking that the final move to block access to all non-TPV compliant viewers started today.

I was able to login and use Emerald Viewer 1.23.5.1585 last night for about 2 hours, and I got that same message this morning.

I have since updated to 1.23.5.1634 and have full access again.

Now, if you had the latest version of your chosen viewer, it's on the TPV list, and you still cannot login, then you have a real problem.

New Resident
Vashira Svenson

I too am having this issue. removed emerald completely, deleted, restarted, and installed it again from the link provided by secondlife.com from the list of approved viewers.  After 30 mins of redownloading, I still get the same message. I can't fathom going to 2.0 but i have a club that opens tomorrow! ..and i need to be on tonight. *ugh*

Honored Resident
Surik Oanomochi

Now i thought there were some idiots and some pretty dense people out there.   Well this proves it, there are! Quitting just because their precious emerald viewer needs a new version of it downloaded.   I dont know about any of you but i had an email from Linden Labs about a week prior to this change over on the 30th stating about the upcoming changes and reminding me to check my current version and if needed download a veiwer that was on the compliant list if i wasnt using one on that list already.  So if that guy wants to pack it up and leave SL let him!    Btw anyone notice his little picutre he had attached labeled " Linden Lab idiot action " ..  if by that he is refering to keeping idiots that dont check email or update programs then i would like to personally thank Linden Labs for their attempt to cut the idiot population down.