Cancelled!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm going to put this in  a bunch of different places so everyone knows...

I was informed yesterday that I have an important RL event that I promised to attend, so the Forum Posters Party scheduled for August 24th is being cancelled.

Thanks to all who encouraged me to have this and to Hippie for the supplies.

I'll pick another day soon and try again.

that s a nice idea Tex.

you have to know that there are already the sunday breakfast, organized by Hippie, but hosted every sunday by a different person. They are happening every sunday at 8am slt and are open to everyone but you ll find there a lot of forumers. (ill be hosting the one of the 25th of august)

but well, if you do your party on the 24 th, ill be glad to pop up there aswell... :smileywink: Let me know then. 

ah and for the greedy tables, ask Hippie, he may send you a package with tables, food and drinks that we usually use for the sunday breakfast.  Or i may rezz some appetizers and drinks for you.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

you have to know that there are already the sunday breakfast, organized by Hippie, but hosted every sunday by a different person. They are happening every sunday at 8am slt and are open to everyone but you ll find there a lot of forumers. (ill be hosting the one of the 25th of august)

No..I had no idea there was a Sunday Breakfast. Sounds like a fun time...if most people do that, I don't want to overburden people with another party. It was just a thought.

lol, no, i dont think you will overburden anyone.. As i said, hippie's breakfast are open to everyone and there are not only forumers there... 

you may see them, on Hippie feed every sunday (except this one, since hes on week end), and join them anytime.

but maybe your idea was slightly different.. so why not keeping it ?

however, you know, its not so rare that ppl from the forum meet finally inworld... and become friends there too.. Of course, a party make things easier :smileywink:

That's a very cool idea Tex, and I'm sure it won't overburden anyone! Beside the Sunday breakfasts, I am not aware of other forumnites parties (or maybe it's because I was no invited! :P). The only other event I can think of is Hippiestock, and it's only once a year in January :(http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Upcoming-Events-and-Activities/A-Forum-Dwellers-Party-Redux-Hippiestock-3/m-p/1584437#M3259)

It's amazing how many of my friends were met in these forums... until we ended up on each other's friends list inwolrd! :smileyhappy: 

Count me in on August 24th! Yay! :D

Hey Tex, why don't you start up a Group called the Forum Cartel, and set up a Hangout on some Group land, and use it to host fairly frequent parties, formal and informal alike, for regular Forum posters? And maybe you could initiate a thread which might turn out to be the longest in SL history and call it something ridiculous like "Just ignore and let this one die".

Oh, that's right, someone did that already.

It'll end in tears.

Or am I thinking of Hippiestock?

Charly Muggins wrote:

Hey Tex, why don't you start up a Group called the Forum Cartel, and set up a Hangout on some Group land, and use it to host fairly frequent parties, formal and informal alike, for regular Forum posters? And maybe you could initiate a thread which might turn out to be the longest in SL history and call it something ridiculous like "Just ignore and let this one die".

Oh, that's right, someone did that already.

It'll end in tears.

Or am I thinking of Hippiestock?

Well, I think people have enough groups..one more might be annoying. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Also, this is probably a one time thing. My initial thought was that people have never met inworld and this might be a nice opportunity. I don't think I want to do this on a regular basis....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

...it would be a 10 -12 hour event...

Wait... you expect me to drink for 10 to 12 hours?

Alright, I'll be there.

...Dres

we got already a 9h30 party training lately, Dres... i think 10 or 12 hours will be ok for us lmao....

going on like this, i think that at the end of the summer we will be fine for a 24 hours party :smileywink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

Alright, I'll be there.

...Dres

we got already a 9h30 party training lately, Dres... i think 10 or 12 hours will be ok for us lmao....

going on like this, i think that at the end of the summer we will be fine for a 24 hours party :smileywink:

As long as I DJ for it, I'm fine.  But, could you really deal with late 80's/early 90's dance music for 24 hours? LOL!!!

...Dres  (Your opening party was the most fun I've ever had DJing and it was just a spur of the moment thing... thank you for putting up with me.)

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

Alright, I'll be there.

...Dres

As long as I DJ for it, I'm fine.  But, could you really deal with late 80's/early 90's dance music for 24 hours? LOL!!!

...Dres  (Your opening party was the most fun I've ever had DJing and it was just a spur of the moment thing... thank you for putting up with me.)

lol, it was my pleasure. the party has been really over all my hopes ! i couldnt dream better opening party... and yes your music was great and from what i know, all the guests enjoyed it ! 

in RL i can deal with even longer than 24 hours for a party lol (not with 80's music btw lol) but it never happened in SL so who knows ? :smileywink: ... as long as my comp will be able to deal with that too ... hhehehhee

valerie Inshan wrote:

Who talked about a regular basis? :smileysurprised:

Believe me, Val, I'm not sure if I can pull THIS one off much less any other.

Still need to talk to the owner of the sim (I rent a skybox from a very good friend of mine) to make sure there aren't any problems.

*wonders if he bit off more than he can chew with this party*

Tex Monday wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

No..I had no idea there was a Sunday Breakfast. Sounds like a fun time...if most people do that, I don't want to overburden people with another party. It was just a thought.

Oh please do have the party!  Yes indeed!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Hi Tex!  I sent you a package last night with some party things.  Let me know if you got it or need help!  Dig?  Far out!

thanks Hippie. Got it last night but didn't have a chance to open it and play with it yet. Need to clear a bit of junk out of my lawn before I can get to it.

Tex Monday wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Hi Tex!  I sent you a package last night with some party things.  Let me know if you got it or need help!  Dig?  Far out!

thanks Hippie. Got it last night but didn't have a chance to open it and play with it yet. Need to clear a bit of junk out of my lawn before I can get to it.

Most welcome Tex!  Please let me know if you need any help!

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...

I was informed yesterday that I have an important RL event that I promised to attend, so the Forum Posters Party scheduled for August 24th is being cancelled.

• 3 weeks later...

Tex Monday wrote:

Wanted to just relay this again in case anyone forgot.

Thanks for the support everyone...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.