You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Aussie Horngold

Creating Jewelry/Rings for SL

Hi All,

I am looking for a tutorial on the web or in-world that guides me through the steps to successfully create rings and other jewelry. My first project is creating rings so this is preferred over creating other types of jewelry at this stage. The intentions are to transform hand drawn items developed by our team and use these to produce the final product.

I have some intermediate experience in PS and good experience in building SL objects.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

cheers

Aussie

Honored Resident
Ophelia Pelazzi

Re: Creating Jewelry/Rings for SL

Reply to Aussie Horngold - view message

What you really need to do is take some classes dealing with jewelry prims. Builders Brewery offers a series for free. Don't ignore any jewelry classes just because they don't focus on rings as any technique you learn in dealing with tiny prims can be adapted for rings or any thing else you might want to build. Just watch the education under events for the class listings. They are free and open to anyone.

Debbi Demina

Re: Creating Jewelry/Rings for SL

Reply to Aussie Horngold - view message

Ophelia Pelazzi wrote:

What you really need to do is take some classes dealing with jewelry prims. Builders Brewery offers a series for free. Don't ignore any jewelry classes just because they don't focus on rings as any technique you learn in dealing with tiny prims can be adapted for rings or any thing else you might want to build. Just watch the education under events for the class listings. They are free and open to anyone.

Might i just mention...its better if your a member of the group as then you get the notices when classes are on and a weekly schedule as well...plus most of the tutors there are more than willing to offer advice and you have the group chat that you can pick other designer/builders brains from the basic of how to to the more complex of script what nots...so as a member of the group myself i would say join and have fun

I am the property and devoted sub to Mistress Taliah Thane

Religion is flawed, but only because man is flawed

I am who i am, and who i am is who i wish to be