mesh hair spike?

Jerilynn Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just purchased mesh hair and found a "spike" thing going on. It appears as a line, a few pixels wide and it's length varies. It moves with the avatar, so turning around doesn't eliminate it.

At times, I've seen other avatars have the same problem, while not taking away from the avi's appearence, it does tend to be annoying to see.

What can cause this "spiking" and how does one remedy it?

Problem solved.

I thank you Rolig. A little driver update is all it took.

1 answer to this question

If you are using a fitted mesh capable version of your viewer and using ATI/AMD graphics and drivers, certain non-rigged mesh items may display as a long stretch which points to the region coordinates 0,0,0. If you observe such long spikes, then try:

• go to Preferences - Graphics - General subtab - disable Hardware Skinning. This may result in a loss of FPS. Turn on the Statistics Panel using Ctrl Shift 1, disable Hardware Skinning and monitor your FPS. As this bug affects some non-rigged mesh items, and not all, you may determine that disabling Hardware Skinning is not worth the loss of FPS.
  • Update to Catalyst Drivers Version 14.4. if they are available for your graphics card. We've had reports these drivers fix the bug. Visit this page for downloads.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.