login error. "hangs on region handshake" gives error that it cannot login at the moment.

Omegix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When i try to log into second life, it has been stopping at the "region handshake" part of the log in process. it will then give the generic message that it cannot log me in currently, that i can quit, teleport or click help. i have recently switched from using the wifi at my college to using the wifi at my local public library, and i think it could be a port issue, but i would like advice as to what others may think it is that is causing the issue.......it did log me in previously when using the college wifi.

Thank you in advance for any help.

3 answers to this question

Your library has likely blocked SL from their network, since most librarians don't want kids coming in and playing games on their nickel.

You'll have to convince your librarian that SL is "educational."  Good luck with that.  (I say that even though I myself think Second Life IS a great educational tool.)

• Like 2

Hi

sorry but Sl can not be play at the library, as the machines are not up to it and the internet connections will not allow you to play.

the library internet is to slow, and they normally block SL.

I was only allow to use the forum once I show that it was not the SL game.

if the college allow you to play, use there internet, I know the library is free, but college is to I believe.

enjoy Sl

good luck

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.