how do u turn off just music and not the sound. plz help

tymas12345

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

pfft, everyone missed the obvious!

Just click the little music note icon to turn off the parcel audio stream.  All other sounds, such as ambient wind, sound effects, and UI notices remain unaffected.

You can also click the Mute button next to the Music slider to turn off that channel.  Hover your cursor over the speaker icon to expand the channel list.

"

how do u turn off just music and not the sound. plz help

Options

. . ..

on 11-27-201110:39 AM

some one plz help me, i need to turn off music so i can hear my avatar, but i just want the music off, not the sound plz help."

------------------------------------------------------------------

The way the question was posted your interpetation is not any more obvious than anyone else's interpetation. The OP now knows of two ways to turn off streamed music and media. Both ways work. One way (your way) is temporary, the other way (my way) is more perminent......though the preference setting can be changed back any time is desired (just a couple more clicks is all).

People tend to ask questions without fully stating what they want to know..........I mean, we all are mind readers here. Right? :)

6 minutes ago, shonalyn said:

how do i take a song

Take it where?  What is it that you want to. do?  Make it stop?  Use your sound control (upper right corner of your viewer screen) and hit the stop button or open the entire sound panel and either click streaming music off or drag its slider to zero.

Hi Shonalyn!

Music can come from several things.  You'll have to do some experimenting to find out which thing is producing the annoying, repetitive music.

• Parcel music stream.  This is a stream from a music URL.  Find it in World>Parcel Details>Music & Sounds tab.  If you own or rent the land, you can change this to a different music stream.  You can also turn off the music in your viewer by clicking the little Pause icon in the upper right of your screen.
  • Parcel media stream.  This is just like the music stream, but it's audio and video both.  Even if you aren't watching a TV, you can still hear the audio.  Change the stream in the Media tab of Parcel Details, or turn it off by clicking the OTHER little Pause icon in the upper right of your screen.
  • Another avatar playing music through their Voice channel.  Turn off Voice, or use the Voice controls to turn down that particular avatar's volume, or right click the annoying person and choose Mute/Block.  One way to find the offending avatar is to zoom your camera close to people, and see when the volume of the sound increases.
  • An object that is playing an audio clip, or clips.  You can use World>Show More>Beacons to put markers on objects with various properties.  In your case, you want to flag objects that are playing sounds.  Use your camera to zoom in close to such objects and see when the music gets louder.  When you think you have found the offending object, right click it and select Block.

Another experiment you can do:  Click the speaker icon in the upper right corner of your screen.  It should expand to show volume sliders for all the audio sources.  Slide each one to the left, one at a time, to see which channel is playing the music.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.