how do play you tube so others can see it too,

AnnabelleRaye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know this has probably been answered many times, but here goes.

I have a pricy television i got on the market place. It came all configued with your tube , channels and some pre made notecards of play lists.  I can use it exactly as it is supposed to work, i can play a video on you tube and walk around my rented parcel  and see it from across the room as if it were an actual tv.  I have friends come over , and they are able to use the media device,  select  videos from you tube and do what i just described. The issue is we can only see and hear the videos that we ourselves selected.  How do i make it so that I can play a you tube video so that everyone in my room sees the same video.  Any suggestions as to what i should check, I do have Media access over the parcel .

4 answers to this question

Hi Annabelle,

I don't think it's possible to synchronize video streams.Media On A Prim (MOAP) simply provides a link to your viewer so it can stream content directly from the video source, usually YouTube. There might be other video services that allow alignment of content delivered on multiple streams, but YouTube doesn't.

I haven't watched video in SL since well before MOAP, but I recall having to type 3... 2... 1... Go! in chat to synchronize video viewing with my partner. Even so, we often fell out of alignment.

Hopefully someone will pop in here to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, and there is a way to synchronize streams.

Everyone SHOULD see the same video, as only one media stream at a time can play on a land parcel.  However, they will not all see it in sync.  The stream will start for each person when they enter the parcel, and/or click the Play Media control in their viewer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.