different version of simulator slow?

Nak Benelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Several times now I have visited Commune Utopia at different times both when there are lots of people and when there are less. My experience is that for me all is painfully slow: movement, typing, all is in slomo, it is impossible to be there. I get a message that it is run under a different simulator version, does this make a difference? I tried to clear my cache, but no difference. What else can I do to? I have not really experienced such slowness anywhere else. It seems like a nice place, but as it is now I can not visit it. Thankful for suggestions.

2 answers to this question

It is probably not the sim version. I did notice that a lot of sim time is taken up running scripts and that the sim was running a bit slow with only about 4 people there, but it wasn't drastic.

So, what to do?

If you are connecting by wireless get a cable you are just tipping your bandwidth down the drain with a wireless connection.

Go to Preferences/Graphics and move the slider down a couple of notches. While you are there set your draw distance to 64.

Now go to Network & Cache and make sure your bandwidth is not set above 500. Counter intuitive, I know.

Under that setting is the Cache size. While clearing the cache will probably just slow you down more (because you have to re-download all the textures that were there) increasing the size of it may speed you up. I have mine set to 4000MB.

• Like 1

I've noticed that during the Linden Lab Server maintenance this week that an occasional Region will be lagged out by severe Time Dilation for seemingly no direct cause. You can wait it out until the next restart of the region in question, or contact the Region owner to have them restart the region.

In the case of Mainland Regions you can Submit a Support Case to have the Region restarted sooner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.