crashing when about to teleport

Nerxual Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This morning, just quit phoenix viewer since they are horrible at helping anyone with issues. Now forced on lastest version of viewer 2. I crashing when I'm about to teleport, it always happens. It's very annoying since phoenix viewer crashed me every 30 seconds of logging in. I am tired of recently crashing ALL THE TIME. It gives me no error, just simple message that says either quit or look over IMs/chat. And teleporting is really slow. Are they any good features this viewer has to offer? I did like phoenix's features but that was about all I liked on that viewer. Even clearing cache doesn't do any help.

My computer is 4g of RAM, 3.2ghz, 1gb video card, geforce 9600

@Dilbert; I just removed phoenix viewer. Still nothing has changed about the crashing when trying to teleport. And I can't see any reply button, not surprised though since this is the work of lindens again screwing something up.

@Drazen; So I'm limited to what to wear in order to do anything anymore in SecondLife? Why do I get the feelings lindens are trying to slowly limit us until we're their slaves?

@Void; The test says I got 24ms in ping. Everything seems fine... I don't have wireless on this desktop.

I can teleport and not crash!!! :D Thank you everyone. I guess the problem was that my network was way too low. Blaming the lindens for resetting that setting...

7 answers to this question

Do you still have both Versions of SL installed? Phoenix and viewer 2.0+?

If so. You may want to try to Separate the caches on each viewer. I have found that creating my own Cache folder and directing my viewer to it helps..

Open the Preferences of  each viewer and set a Cache other than the default one

If you install multiple viewers it is good to go in and keep all the caches and settings separate

preferences/network

on top of Dilberts suggestion you may also want to check your network connection. inworld you can check your ping time by pressing ctrl+shft+1 (you may need the debug and delevop menus open in V2 [ctrl+alt+D to open debug menu, and develop can be opened from the debug menu]) ping should be below 100, but shouldn't hurt is it's below 200.

you should also check your network connections (speedtest.net, to a local and california server) and also make sure you are not using wireless (for some reason the stream is very sensitive to wireles inerference)

ETA:
just a follow up... so it was you network bandwidth setting in the client? how odd... although that would lead me to Think Drazen was on the right track (PS, Dilberts right, ALWAYS use separate caches, LL changes things between versions and it can bork other viewers settings)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.