Windows 8.1 installed in the middle of my playing, and now SL is unplayable.

teafluff

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As the title explains, my computer decided to update on my while I was playing secondlife. When the update was finished, i tried to play.

it has zero framerate. it has nothing to do with lag, since the frames freeze up as soon as the console opens. i click on something, and nothing happens unless i move the window.

in fact, the only way to progress the frame is to move the window.

i have done literally everything to fix this. i have clean-installed several times. i have updated ALL drivers and installed every update for my computer. the issue persists no matter what client is use, firestorm or otherwise. (i've tried four, not including the default client on the site.) there is no way for me to system restore to a point before 8.1 installed. 

i really need help. please. i've done everything and i just want to play again.

edit: tried running as administrator, as well as compatibility mode, and nothing changes.

2 answers to this question

I`m not a windows 8 user but think you might get more answers if you post this in the second life viewer forum, along with the info from the help > about menu on your viewer ( you can get the info without logging in). When you say "move the window" do you mean reposition the viewer on your desktop?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/bd-p/SLViewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.