Profile photo won't change.

Sinister Vortex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently changed my main profile photo and it seems to have changed IN my profile, but it won't change in the sidebar or as the chat icon.

Is anyone else having this issue?  This was edited days ago so I've relogged a few times since then and even tried to change it to the new photo AGAIN and made sure I saved it.  Yet... everyone is still seeing the old one.... tho I see it if I open my actual profile webpage.

Needin some help!  Thanks :)

6 answers to this question

Someone else did say the same thing yesterday on http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/I-added-a-new-picture-to-my-profile-but-it-wont-show-up-as-the/qaq-p/764669 but hasn`t come back to say if it is fixed yet.

If you 2 have found a new bug, I would suggest creating a JIRA for it....There should be a link to Bug Reporting in the Help menu inworld.

For what it's worth, I have had a version of that problem since I joined SL in 2007. I have to change a profile pic two or three times before the new one finally sticks. It's done that with every viewer I've used, so I figure it's just one of those fun, undocumented "features" of SL. (I know nothing about sidebar or chat icon pics, since I'm not using V2, but my guess is that those would do the same thing for me.)

I`ve had it a few times on old viewers but I think I forgot to press Apply and probably just closed the profile window lol :D

I have heard people say it makes a diffference if you drag a texture or use the texture selector, but I don`t know if thats just a myth.

As the profile pics are changing on these v2 cases, but not the other places that the pic shows I assume its some v2 bug.

Hi and up this post !

Sometimes I can change my profile photo and sometimes I can't (without updating the client).

The problem appears both in the Windows Client (V2 & W7) and in the Linux Client (V2 & Debian).

The servers are probably involved.

After (when it's possible to change it), I have to delete the cache directly on the hard drive to display the photo in the sidebar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.