Problem with my viewer!

Vanha1990

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I 'm having a problem with the SL viewer, is that i was speaking with an ava, while being "hypnotized" by a HUD. However, when i tried to get away from it by teleporting myself somewhere else, however, i ended watching the SL Viewer.

I tried to re-log and see if i could see properly again, but it's still the same... what i can do? :(

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/35hmpzm.png[/IMG]

5 answers to this question

Hi Vanha,

I've never seen a view like that, but if it's the result of wearing a HUD, remove the HUD. Right click your avatar and select "Edit Outfit". You'll get a window showing everything you are wearing. Look in the "Attachments" section. If you find a HUD there, right click it and select "Detach". Or, you can open your inventory window and search for "(worn" (no right paren) and you'll get a list of everything you are wearing. Again, look for the HUD, right click and "Detach" it.

After you've detached the HUD, find it in inventory, right click it and select "Delete".

Good luck!

Besides Maddy's advice, if you have a viewer with the RLV feature and have it enabled, some things you sit on (especially cages, including hypnosis chambers) can "trap" you until the owner of the trap or your owner comes and releases you or until a set time period has elapsed.

If you have RLV enabled, you can log out, go to the login screen, open Preferences (CTRL+P), disable it, close the login screen, then re-open it and log in.

Vanha's told me that she's disabled RLV and removed the HUD and the problem persists. I've no idea what can cause a view like she's shown us.

So Vanha, I guess I'll recommend removing every attachment and re-logging. If that doesn't work, I recommend a clean re-install of the viewer, on the theory that a setting file got whacked coincidentally with your hypnosis role play.

Instructions for a clean install are here...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Again, good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.