Odd ghosts of existing prims off the corner of our sim

Cara Lionheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey all I have an interesting thing on our sim.. maybe someone has run into this before.  Off one corner of the sim, there seem to be 'ghosts' of things that are actually rezzed out on the sim.  The only way to see them is if I am in edit mode and just right click around the off sim area underwater right around the land corner.. and I'll see these outlines of things like railings, seat pieces, random things on our sim.  They have zero LI and no memory usage, and don't show up on area search.  But it seems odd.  

As a test, I found a shower that is rezzed out in my house, and the 'ghost' of it (actually just one part of it) is in this spot off the corner of the sim.  I was able to grab that ghost in edit mode, and return it.  When I did, the shower in my house also vanished.  I then pulled it back out of my lost and found and returned it to the house, and didn't see that ghost in the off sim corner again.  Though, it seems every time I go clicking around off the sim corner, I find different things.  All belonging to different people on the sim.  No common denominator that I can find.

To double check, another person on the other side of the country also tried and had the same results so it's not my computer/connection ect.  We have restarted the sim and that had no effect.  Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

I am willing to bet that the coordinates of this Bermuda Triangle of prims are <0,0,0>, which is where stuff tends to end up if the sim is having problems and doesn't know where to place something.    The ghosting is a new one on me, but I've not looked at <0,0,0> on any sims for quite some time, and it may well be that some change to the server code has caused that to happen.

I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.