Need help with serious lag and packet loss. and no its not at my end

LilLizzy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

have to log in two or more times to rez. once in i may be looking at huge packet loss, long times for inventory to load. in ability to move. Has been sugjested the problem is at my end...it is not. use roadrunner, and have had their tech right here in my home...no problems to be had. download speed of 18..upload of .98 pings at 5. have tried putting all settings to low, with no change to problem. I have had other tell me they have like issues...is there a way to correct this very frustrating problem. If it were my settings, i would think problem would have presented before in the year i have been here using same settings

2 answers to this question

As Cinn mentioned packet loss is an indication of some network problem in about 99% of the cases.  The problem is that aside from your home network and, to some degree, your ISP's network route to your computer there is next to nothing you can do about it.  If the packet loss is occuring withing LL's network then LL has to fix it...........a support ticket would be the way to get that fixed.  Almost all packet loss occurs somewhere between your network output and the LL servers though.  You have no control over any of that.  All you can do is fix what might be wrong on your network.  If the problem persists then call your ISP to have them check the their network to your network's input.  If it's not the problem then the support ticket to SL is next.  If all that is okay or good then you just have to wait for whatever is causing the packet loss to be fixed by whoever is responsible for that particular part of the Internet.....in all fairness, those people are pretty much on the ball about maintaining the Internet so those problems are seldom unfixed for any real length of time.

Reboot your router and modem, check your cables to your router or modem, get off a wireless connection if you are using one, and make sure your Ethernet port is not damaged or corroded.  That's the major areas of your home network that might be the cause of packet loss.  The trace route will give you an idea of where the loss is happening........if it's between your ISP and the LL servers there's nothing you can do but wait.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.