My avatar is stuck in-world. I cannot log in and keep getting: "region is still logging you out"

Akihani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried transporting out of Echoes/152/176/37, somehow I teleported there but the region wouldn't even connect. Sent an alt to find me. I am no where on the map, sent L, a chat, and a teleport. Nothing worked. I believe my avi is now stuck in limbo. doing the 15mins wait interval and tping home or to Pooley or some other region doesn't work for me. The area was empty as all sin when my alt went there, only one on the map and I doubt it's the owner.

Thank you if this gets resolved.

FIXED!! Thank you!

4 answers to this question

This used to be a common problem. It is rare now. If the problem persists read: I Can’t Login and Can’t Login Second Life. Both are the same subject.

There are ways that an avatar can get stuck in-world after you log off or crash. Usually logging into another region allows one to log in. But, some regions hang and are convinenced the avatar is really there. In such cases it can be a problem. When the region restarts the problem clears. But waiting for a Tuesday or Wednseday restart is no fun. Neither is running down the region owner and asking for a restart.

But, there are a collection of tricks in the article you can use to get back in.

If you can FIND yourself and that seems iffy from your post, then you are "ghosted" which I agree doesn't happen all that often these days. I have been ghosted a time or two meaning that I cannot log in and that I "appear" to be somewhere but other avatars can walk through me. If you can find your avatar in world (either the sim your were leaving or the one you were on your way too) then you can ask tech support to "pluck you  out" of the grid. If that doesn't work they can restart a sim and get you out of limbo. Happily that worked for me a time or two.

I tend to think of this as "stuck in the buffer" but that isn't really a technical term :D.

If you can't find yourself, I don't know.  I am not sure if the tech guys can find you without knowing what sim your are in as I always knew. In theory this will be fixed on Tuesday as some have said with the whole grid gets turned over. I hope you don't have to wait that long.

My only other thought (and I haven't TRIED this) would be to log into the beta grid and perhaps that would get you off the main grid and you could return to life as normal.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.