Many people are telling me they can't see the thumbnails on my Marketplace listings. Is there a fix?

SayuriDarkheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have recently opened my very own store on the Marketplace, Pandalooza, and I listed my items and added thumbnail images to each one of them (the images are 576x576px JPEG). My primary browser is Google Chrome and when I view my store I am able to see my thumbnails perfectly fine, but other friends of mine that also use Google Chrome are having issues seeing my thumbnails. I'm not sure if I made a mistake with the tumbnails or if Marketplace is just having issues. When my friends open my store in a different browser they are able to see my thumbnails. It seems that it is only on Google Chrome that people are having problems. I've noticed some stores do that to me as well and I didn't purchse their items because I couldn't see what they are selling. I am afraid that if other people can't see my items then my store will fail misserably. I was wondering if anyone out there had a solution to this problem or if there is really nothing that can be done. Someone please give me some insight, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

~Sayuri (Yuri, for short)

3 answers to this question

Interestingly, I can see the images in your Marketplace store with no trouble in Google Chrome and in IE, but I can see the image on only one of your items when I use Firefox, which is my primary web browser.  I don't have a good explanation for it.  I will note in passing that the guidelines for posting images to Marketplace suggest using 4:3 (width:height) proportions, but the fact that yours are square shouldn't affect whether people can see them.  If you don't get good suggestions from other people here, I suggest submitting a support case under the heading "Marketplace Issues".

• Like 2

Funny - I see 12 lovely shirts for sale. I'm using IE 11 under Windows 7 Professional - Firefox - current version - Chrome - current version and no issues seeing any of your items art or your logo.

Your ISP may be pre-buffering your web pages and it will clear up by itself in a few days. Doing an full cookie and object delete in your Internet browser may help.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.