I have a firestorm viewer and cant watch movies in world

hotcunni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I have Firestorm and can watch YouTube videos using the "media on a prim" function. I haven't ever had a virtual TV, but if that is what you have I have seen lots of reports on people not being able to use their "TV"s .   It did not appear to be a viewer issue. You might do a search of this group (top right corner) and see what others have said in the past. I haven't heard anything on the Firestorm group that suggests there is a viewer problem.

Have you tried using another viewer to see if the issue persists?

And idea :D

This was posted by Nightlife Overlord on Aug 17, 2011 regarding youtube on the @Home tvs..

YouTube no longer works in MP4 (Quicktime), for now we have to play YouTube videos in flash format.

To get play YouTube playing in SL:

1) Download and Install Firefox browser, if you don't have it installed on your computer. Download firefox from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/new/

2) Open the Firefox browser and go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ download and install Adobe Flash player. Do this with the Firefox Browser.

This is necessary because most SL Viewers including Phoenix and Firestorm use the flash version  installed in Firefox to play Flash videos. If you don't have flash installed in firefox you might see a blue cube on the screen when you try to playing Youtube videos. 

3) Re-Log from SL.

4) On your @home TV Menu click on Main Menu -> Options -> Use Flash. This will set your TV to play YouTube videos in flash format. Now try playing YouTube videos.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.