I have SL Viewer, Win 8.1, current flash player & Java, is there a flash plug-in for SL?

DakotaChamberlain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

media works for me off of SL, but within SL, i get an error to update Flash Player.  I've checked and I have the most current flash, but I'm using the most current SL Viewer, is it not compatible?  I've researched and found old flash plug-in fixes from back in 2011, but havent tried those since they are 2 years old.  I have SL Viewer, Win 8.1, IE.

2 answers to this question

can install the SL viewer browser Adobe Flash Player plug-in on Windows (any version incl. 8.1) without having to installl another browser. SL viewer browser best uses the NPAPI plug-in (same as Firefox)

go here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

then download and install this version in the pic below. Make sure you uncheck the Optional Offers to install Google Chrome. (you just want to install the Flash Player plug-in)

eta: just to make clear. The Win7/Vista XP... version is what you need for SL compatibillity on Win 8.1

eta more: i just tested the Win 8 NPAPI version in the list as well. Works good as well now. So new pic

adodeflash81.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.